Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

My ride today

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

My ride today

Old 10-14-21, 01:46 PM
Joe Bikerider

Bikes: 1969 Peugeot PX10, 1992 Della Santa, Linus Roadster 8

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 612 Post(s)
Liked 368 Times in 219 Posts
My ride today

About 50F this morning which is cold for this California boy. So I found my tights in the back of the closet and lets go! Once I got going then it was pretty nice. Stopped at the credit union and got some money, the MUP was pretty empty easy riding. Made it over the freeway with no issues on Oak Grove Blvd. I don’t know why that is so easy but the cars are always polite. Somebody should bottle that. Seems there was a teenage kerfuffle there last night but no residue this morning.

Going back home was more interesting. Some utility guy was standing in the street with his back to me when I came by, I yelled at him and got a F&&& you for my trouble. Then I got a “thank you” from a couple riders crossing Oak Grove where I pushed the signal button just as they were arriving. You are welcome.

Anyway, nice ride and the weather has warmed up while I sit here under the back porch and watch the pool cleaner meander around.
Likes For Joe Bikerider:
Old 10-14-21, 06:07 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 3414 Post(s)
Liked 1,386 Times in 1,013 Posts
I regard it as getting out of the "ride lots" rut. Every October, I do a change-up of some sort. This fall, I'm concentrating on roller form drills and endurance work that can't be done on the road, plus the gym, plus running. I'm not bored. I think I like this better than I'd like Zwift, which is really the same old thing. I like doing stuff in fall and early winter that I'd never do during the season. Also this fall, I'm going to try to get back into riding the tandem in the rain, stoker dependent of course, but I think she'll become amenable as the rain starts to wear on her.
Old 10-18-21, 08:20 AM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace, Cannondle Tandem/Ultegra, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked 832 Times in 391 Posts
50 degrees is always very pleasant for outdoor activities here in NC!! Climbing hills in 50 degree temperatures is very nice. Sounds like you had a good ride.