Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

You're so fit...so has anyone mistaken your age?

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

You're so fit...so has anyone mistaken your age?

Old 11-06-23, 01:55 PM
  #101  
ignominious poltroon
 
Polaris OBark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 3,837
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2150 Post(s)
Liked 3,231 Times in 1,699 Posts
Originally Posted by Alan K
Ability to smell at least certain things that are decidedly harmful to our health, is also linked to our genetics. For example, some people are unable to smell hydrocyanic acid but most people can smell it. Just because some people cannot smell it, doesn’t mean they are impervious to the deadly affects of HCN. Some/many organic solvents are not, shall we say, good for your health! Because the effects of some solvents are not immediate on your health, it may not be obvious. Of course, compounds that take many years to show obvious damage, tend to go unnoticed for a long time. The industry that is benefiting from a direct and unequivocal link of harm tends to perpetuate the doubt and confusion about cause and effect. Cigarette industry is a good example.
There was a time when benzene and carbon terta chloride were commonly used as solvents, the former proved to be a carcinogen, and latter causes serious liver damage as well as tumors in liver. Less toxic solvents often cause lung inflammation and other damages which may end up resulting in lung fibrosis… depending on the nature of solvents, their dose and frequency of exposure.
If I were in your situation, I would definitely use an appropriate respirator while using solvents.
Trichloroethylene comes to mind. This is a common ingredient in auto brake cleaners, which many people here on bike forum advocate for bicycle disc brakes. This is unambiguously a potent carcinogen, and the EPA is trying to ban it. Isopropanol works just fine, isn't a carcinogen, and isn't particularly harmful unless you drink it.
Polaris OBark is offline  
Old 11-06-23, 01:56 PM
  #102  
Grupetto Bob
 
rsbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Seattle-ish
Posts: 5,867

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 5,200 Times in 2,718 Posts
From the CNN article that Gobicycling posted, “they do more physically demanding activities like gardening or stair climbing”. If that is the criteria, I might qualify for the SuperAger Olympics, and this is not even a tenth of what I maintain. If not on the bike, this is where you will find me:


__________________
Road 🚴🏾‍♂️ & Mountain 🚵🏾‍♂️







rsbob is offline  
Old 11-06-23, 02:44 PM
  #103  
ignominious poltroon
 
Polaris OBark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 3,837
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2150 Post(s)
Liked 3,231 Times in 1,699 Posts
That's stunning.
Polaris OBark is offline  
Likes For Polaris OBark:
Old 11-06-23, 02:47 PM
  #104  
Rider. Wanderer. Creator.
 
john m flores's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 689

Bikes: Bike Friday Pocket Rocket, Cinelli Hobootleg, Zizzo Liberte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked 677 Times in 321 Posts
I still have a decent head of hair, most of it is not gray yet, and my girlfriend flatters me by telling me I look 20 years younger than I actually am. But this Spring, on the eve of my 55th, we hosted a Warm Showers cyclist, Eddie, who is a bit developmentally disabled but otherwise highly functional. As we were sitting in the backyard having pizza, I asked Eddie to guess how old I was; he had done the same to me earlier in the evening so I thought it fitting on the eve of my birthday. Eddie gave me a good long stare and then said, "54...55?" He could have not been more right!

john m flores is online now  
Likes For john m flores:
Old 11-07-23, 09:26 AM
  #105  
Senior Member
 
PeteHski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 7,748
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4033 Post(s)
Liked 4,416 Times in 2,742 Posts
Originally Posted by Polaris OBark
That's stunning.
Indeed, very impressive!
PeteHski is online now  
Old 11-07-23, 03:59 PM
  #106  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 824
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked 329 Times in 257 Posts
Nice landscape/garden! 👍

Activities like gardening have benefits beyond simple physical exercise - it’s not only a very productive hobby, it is also great for relaxing one’s mind!

[PS: I haven’t read the CNN article, primarily because I no longer trust CNN, or for that matter most of the “popular” venues of dissemination of information.]

Last edited by Alan K; 11-07-23 at 07:42 PM.
Alan K is offline  
Likes For Alan K:
Old 11-07-23, 09:40 PM
  #107  
Grupetto Bob
 
rsbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Seattle-ish
Posts: 5,867

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 5,200 Times in 2,718 Posts
Originally Posted by Alan K
Nice landscape/garden! 👍

Activities like gardening have benefits beyond simple physical exercise - it’s not only a very productive hobby, it is also great for relaxing one’s mind!

[PS: I haven’t read the CNN article, primarily because I no longer trust CNN, or for that matter most of the “popular” venues of dissemination of information.]
Have to agree there. I don’t go with the main US forms of new media on either side. I typically look at media outside the country which looks at the US more objectively and doesn’t have a dog in the fight.
__________________
Road 🚴🏾‍♂️ & Mountain 🚵🏾‍♂️







rsbob is offline  
Likes For rsbob:
Old 11-07-23, 10:44 PM
  #108  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 824
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked 329 Times in 257 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
Have to agree there. I don’t go with the main US forms of new media on either side. I typically look at media outside the country which looks at the US more objectively and doesn’t have a dog in the fight.
As I grow older and develop a sense of proportion (or lose it, who knows!), I notice that everyone, and I mean everyone, has a dog in every fight they are caring to comment on in their media. If they don’t have their dog in a fight, they are much more likely to ignore the show. One has to pay attention to all possible angles to begin to decipher whose dog is trained to lick or attack whom and why!
Of course, I may well be wrong. 😉
Alan K is offline  
Old 11-08-23, 12:31 AM
  #109  
Grupetto Bob
 
rsbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Seattle-ish
Posts: 5,867

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 5,200 Times in 2,718 Posts
Originally Posted by Alan K
As I grow older and develop a sense of proportion (or lose it, who knows!), I notice that everyone, and I mean everyone, has a dog in every fight they are caring to comment on in their media. If they don’t have their dog in a fight, they are much more likely to ignore the show. One has to pay attention to all possible angles to begin to decipher whose dog is trained to lick or attack whom and why!
Of course, I may well be wrong. 😉
“trained to lick”…?
Not this guy. He was trained to sit.

__________________
Road 🚴🏾‍♂️ & Mountain 🚵🏾‍♂️







rsbob is offline  
Likes For rsbob:
Old 11-08-23, 05:50 AM
  #110  
Senior Member
 
PeteHski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 7,748
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4033 Post(s)
Liked 4,416 Times in 2,742 Posts
Originally Posted by Alan K
As I grow older and develop a sense of proportion (or lose it, who knows!), I notice that everyone, and I mean everyone, has a dog in every fight they are caring to comment on in their media. If they don’t have their dog in a fight, they are much more likely to ignore the show. One has to pay attention to all possible angles to begin to decipher whose dog is trained to lick or attack whom and why!
Of course, I may well be wrong. 😉
I’m certainly wary of “popular” media, particularly online. Books by legit qualified authors are usually the best source of quality, detailed information. The media is full of noise and bias, although I still have respect for the BBC for news coverage and topics of casual interest.
PeteHski is online now  
Likes For PeteHski:
Old 11-08-23, 02:14 PM
  #111  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 824
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked 329 Times in 257 Posts
You are correct about quality of books published by some exceptional authors.

Availability of online access to “information” also resulted in a predictable but unfortunate demise of true investigative reporting, and ultimately truth in reporting.

About scientific matters, I go to the original publications to see if they are published in reputable journals (independent peer reviewed) of high impact rating. But to try and learn facts, the job doesn’t stop there, one has to look at the authors and note who financed their research - establishing their credibility is critically important, given that lately we have seen a great deal of manipulations of “scientific facts” and countless lives have been negatively impacted and even lost. Sadly, the greed of a few, when left unchecked, always results in awful outcomes for the society.

By the way, these comments are not intended to be political - merely a statement of my observations.
Alan K is offline  
Likes For Alan K:
Old 11-08-23, 03:18 PM
  #112  
Rider. Wanderer. Creator.
 
john m flores's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 689

Bikes: Bike Friday Pocket Rocket, Cinelli Hobootleg, Zizzo Liberte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked 677 Times in 321 Posts
Originally Posted by Alan K
You are correct about quality of books published by some exceptional authors.

Availability of online access to “information” also resulted in a predictable but unfortunate demise of true investigative reporting, and ultimately truth in reporting.

About scientific matters, I go to the original publications to see if they are published in reputable journals (independent peer reviewed) of high impact rating. But to try and learn facts, the job doesn’t stop there, one has to look at the authors and note who financed their research - establishing their credibility is critically important, given that lately we have seen a great deal of manipulations of “scientific facts” and countless lives have been negatively impacted and even lost. Sadly, the greed of a few, when left unchecked, always results in awful outcomes for the society.

By the way, these comments are not intended to be political - merely a statement of my observations.
There are two sides to every coin. The Internet has democratized the creation and dissemination of information in profound, society-changing ways. Just think of this little forum of ours and the amount of helpful and useful information that is shared on it. In decades past, the only way this kind of information was distributed was either word of mouth or via the handful of publications and the small cadre of editors at those publications. While usually well-curated, it was also very limited; how often were their stories about niche interests like folding bikes, recumbents, 50+ nutrition and fitness, classic and vintage bikes, etc...? Compared to today, those niches received a trickle of information, if any at all.

These days, we're all drinking from a firehose of data, some of it good, some of it bad, and it's incumbent upon each of us to discern the difference. It's challenging, time consuming, and with the advent of AI (and bad actors using it), becoming increasingly difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff, particularly with subjects further away from our own knowledge sets. Pandora's out of the box and I'm not sure there's any way to put it back. There's still good investigative journalism being done, but it's increasingly hard to get noticed in the firehose.

"May you live in interesting times." says the old Chines proverb. I'm not sure if it was a blessing or a curse.
john m flores is online now  
Likes For john m flores:
Old 11-08-23, 03:36 PM
  #113  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 824
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked 329 Times in 257 Posts
Originally Posted by john m flores
There are two sides to every coin…

"May you live in interesting times." says the old Chines proverb. I'm not sure if it was a blessing or a curse.
Life is far more than two sides of a coin. I agree that each of us needs to “somehow” find a way to decipher what is closer to the truth. However, no one among us is capable enough to understand all the true details of every field of knowledge that is out there, even if it is available to us. This is why for a well-functioning society, it is vital that those who are entrusted with certain responsibilities and paid for their services, at least majority of them fulfill their legal and moral commitments (yes, it all comes down to fundamental morality or code of ethics). We seem to witnessing a serious deterioration in this aspect of our lives, apparently everywhere.

About the Chinese proverb, I’d be careful about definitions, such as interesting to whom? 😉
Even Covid was interesting to some, they made billions of $ but it wasn’t interesting to most of us pedestrians (or bicyclists).
Alan K is offline  
Likes For Alan K:
Old 11-08-23, 04:56 PM
  #114  
Rider. Wanderer. Creator.
 
john m flores's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 689

Bikes: Bike Friday Pocket Rocket, Cinelli Hobootleg, Zizzo Liberte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked 677 Times in 321 Posts
Originally Posted by Alan K
Life is far more than two sides of a coin. I agree that each of us needs to “somehow” find a way to decipher what is closer to the truth. However, no one among us is capable enough to understand all the true details of every field of knowledge that is out there, even if it is available to us. This is why for a well-functioning society, it is vital that those who are entrusted with certain responsibilities and paid for their services, at least majority of them fulfill their legal and moral commitments (yes, it all comes down to fundamental morality or code of ethics). We seem to witnessing a serious deterioration in this aspect of our lives, apparently everywhere.
Not to get too political about it, but when you have gatekeepers of information, you also have the potential of a small group controlling and manipulate perceptions. You see that not only in totalitarian regimes but also here in the United States. This internet-fueled democratization of information has opened my eyes to the ways that US foreign and domestic policy in the 20th century was hidden in plain sight. So while you may look back and see a functioning society, I see a society meant to function for certain groups of people at the expense of other groups of people.

These days, there's more open discussion of such things, but it's sadly lost in the firehose of information and disinformation. I'm not sure which is better.

About the Chinese proverb, I’d be careful about definitions, such as interesting to whom? 😉
Even Covid was interesting to some, they made billions of $ but it wasn’t interesting to most of us pedestrians (or bicyclists).
For sure, that's why it may actually be a curse...
john m flores is online now  
Likes For john m flores:
Old 11-08-23, 06:30 PM
  #115  
Grupetto Bob
 
rsbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Seattle-ish
Posts: 5,867

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 5,200 Times in 2,718 Posts
^ Excellent discourse gentlemen.
__________________
Road 🚴🏾‍♂️ & Mountain 🚵🏾‍♂️







rsbob is offline  
Old 11-08-23, 06:32 PM
  #116  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 824
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked 329 Times in 257 Posts
Originally Posted by john m flores
Not to get too political about it, but when you have gatekeepers of information, you also have the potential of a small group controlling and manipulate perceptions. You see that not only in totalitarian regimes but also here in the United States. This internet-fueled democratization of information has opened my eyes to the ways that US foreign and domestic policy in the 20th century was hidden in plain sight. So while you may look back and see a functioning society, I see a society meant to function for certain groups of people at the expense of other groups of people.

These days, there's more open discussion of such things, but it's sadly lost in the firehose of information and disinformation. I'm not sure which is better.



For sure, that's why it may actually be a curse...
There have always been and in all likelihood, will always be gatekeepers of information - those who seek power/control will always strive to do so… it’s just the human nature! In various societies and nations, the difference is just a matter of degree.
An ideal benevolent monarch has always been a myth, there’s no such thing in any form.
The barrage of information we have today, we might associate with actionable freedom of choices is somewhat naive. The masses in every nation, for the most part, are allowed only as much choices as it suits their upper echelons. Sure, on occasions things might appear to go a little out of their hands but in all such cases, new or emergency laws are enacted to “correct” the situation to keep the public in their proper places.
I know, it sounds negative but the reality is fairly close to it. Of course, many of us learn to be happy with a few trinkets we can afford and enjoy… and then there are personally rewarding hobbies like bicycling and gardening to name a few, 😉👌
Alan K is offline  
Likes For Alan K:
Old 11-08-23, 06:43 PM
  #117  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2023
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Leaner always looks younger!
kevinkay is offline  
Old 11-09-23, 05:32 PM
  #118  
Made it to 84 WHOOPIE
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 399
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked 491 Times in 153 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
^ Excellent discourse gentlemen.
Somehow this thread has gotten all over the place! So I'll take this opportunity to add one more tidbit. Recently our Next-door had a post that someone had been told to check their furnace for carbon dioxide and had been told by the technician that there was dangerous carbon dioxide in the air and they needed a new furnace. Immediately, numerous other posters stated they must also have their furnace checked for carbon dioxide as soon as possible. I took a moment to explain to them the differences between carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide. I expressed concern about the lack of scientific knowledge expressed by these posts, and was criticized for doing so. And the thought keeps occurring to me, these people vote!

Last edited by gobicycling; 11-09-23 at 05:38 PM.
gobicycling is offline  
Likes For gobicycling:
Old 11-09-23, 05:41 PM
  #119  
Seat Sniffer
 
Biker395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,602

Bikes: Serotta Legend Ti; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 931 Post(s)
Liked 1,917 Times in 550 Posts
Originally Posted by gobicycling
Somehow this thread has gotten all over the place! So I'll take this opportunity to add one more tidbit. Recently our Next-door had a post that someone had been told to check their furnace for carbon dioxide and had been told by the technician that there was dangerous carbon dioxide in the air and they needed a new furnace. Immediately, numerous other posters stated they must also have their furnace checked for carbon dioxide as soon as possible. I took a moment to explain to them the differences between carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide. I expressed concern about the lack of scientific knowledge expressed by these posts, and was criticized for doing so. And the thought keeps occurring to me, these people vote!
IMHO, never be afraid to be that little voice in the back of the room pointing out that the emperor has no clothes. If you are right, you will have taught something. If you are wrong, you will have learned something. It astounds me when people make clear errors about something, then get butthurt when someone points out the error. I guess I make enough errors, I'm used to it. lol
__________________
Proud parent of a happy inner child ...

Biker395 is offline  
Likes For Biker395:
Old 11-09-23, 06:04 PM
  #120  
Made it to 84 WHOOPIE
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 399
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked 491 Times in 153 Posts
Originally Posted by Biker395
IMHO, never be afraid to be that little voice in the back of the room pointing out that the emperor has no clothes. If you are right, you will have taught something. If you are wrong, you will have learned something. It astounds me when people make clear errors about something, then get butthurt when someone points out the error. I guess I make enough errors, I'm used to it. lol
Yes. I spent a good portion of my life pointing out emperors who are naked. Interestingly this has been in the area of disability services, where you find an amazing amount of greed among administrators of non-profits. They did not particularly appreciate my posting to thousands of people their salaries, which they had hoped to keep hidden, among other activities. Finally a government auditor followed through and it made the headlines, and heads rolled. Appears there was fraud.
I also got a state law passed requiring more audits of these organizations.

Last edited by gobicycling; 11-09-23 at 06:21 PM.
gobicycling is offline  
Likes For gobicycling:
Old 11-10-23, 07:08 PM
  #121  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 824
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked 329 Times in 257 Posts
“And the thought keeps occurring to me, these people vote!”

I understand that not only do they vote, they do so often… and some manage to come back from hereafter to do just that - vote!
This understanding is based on impeccably reliable information called hearsay! 😉
Alan K is offline  
Old 11-10-23, 10:11 PM
  #122  
Grupetto Bob
 
rsbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Seattle-ish
Posts: 5,867

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 5,200 Times in 2,718 Posts
Originally Posted by Alan K
The so called non-profits, in many cases are quite a scam. The upper management of many of these organizations behaves as if they are corporations, where they make large amounts money - the “logic” used is that they need to be competitive to hire good managers.
In reality, they are even bigger thieves than the ones running larger corporations exclusively for profits because they have figured out a better scam. At the lower level, their grunt work is done by young and bright eyed children who have just finished college and genuinely want to do good - to the degree that they work long hours for next to nothing, some even volunteer for free (their parents support them), and here’s what takes the cake, they have even conned Uncle Sam into not paying any taxes - what a sweet deal!

More audits seems like a good idea… but for crooks, it’s one extra level of manipulations through contrivance, such as bribery. A simpler and more direct solution might be to abolish all 301(c) designations but that would never happen because all of our politicians use it to their own advantages… Oh well, sorry about diversions!

Of course, broad generalizations are always incorrect, including this one. 😉
Your bolded statement is quite correct. I have worked with (not for) a number of non-profits and they have been completely above-board. These include a battered woman’s shelter, housing for the homeless, blood banks, used item recycling by the disabled. The non-profits I take issue with are “Non-profit” hospitals where their CEOs make tens of millions while the nursing and ancillary personnel are under staffed, overworked and stressed, jeopardizing patient care.

Any comments you have based on substantiated fact from reputable sources, or first hand/direct experience, are always welcome.

Regarding dead people voting, I would encourage you to visit the non-partisan site Factcheck.org
__________________
Road 🚴🏾‍♂️ & Mountain 🚵🏾‍♂️








Last edited by rsbob; 11-10-23 at 10:18 PM.
rsbob is offline  
Likes For rsbob:
Old 11-11-23, 12:24 AM
  #123  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 824
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked 329 Times in 257 Posts
[QUOTE] Non-profit” hospitals where their CEOs make tens of millions while the nursing and ancillary personnel are under staffed, overworked and stressed, jeopardizing patient care.[/QUOTE]

I do know a fair bit about this variety and had these very people in mind!
And I quite agree that this was a narrow perspective. We do help many of the smaller organizations run by volunteers locally because our own government has dropped the ball.

One of my nieces worked in Washington DC with one those organizations that work with politicians to “influence” changes. After working with them for about 3 years, she was rather disillusioned and felt exploited and quit. But as we know, n=1 is nothing more than hearsay.

I was surprised by dissemination of information based on “facts” in the last few years about many things, including related to Covid by many alphabet soup organizations (NIH, CDC, FDA, WHO etc). All were supposed to be non-partisan… until we learned otherwise.
A few decades ago I used to buy New York Times, Washington Post and read a few more in the library. They were all considered reliable sources of information, until they weren’t. Even NPR, finally proved to be not so un-biased, and I stopped sending them money. I suppose, the general tendency is that if a source of “facts” makes logical sense to us (as in seems in agreement with our notions), it appears more factual.
I’m not sure I’m going to easily trust “facts” supplied to me by left, right, or a non-partisan entity. They are all given a narrative to propagate.In fact, ideally, facts are simply facts, the rest are lies, period.

During the mid-term elections, we went to our public library to cast our votes early, we saw several people bringing in stacks of envelopes individually. That as far as I understand, is quite illegal. Many such observations were made by others in our city. But I imagine all this was deemed as unsubstantiated. We also had several “largely peaceful” demonstrations in our city where a few real and many imaginary shop owners had their businesses destroyed.

We are living in very unusual times. If and when things improve, and I sincerely hope they do, I’ll change my opinion.

Last edited by Alan K; 11-11-23 at 12:33 AM.
Alan K is offline  
Likes For Alan K:
Old 11-11-23, 01:15 AM
  #124  
Been Around Awhile
 
I-Like-To-Bike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Burlington Iowa
Posts: 29,912

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,495 Times in 1,018 Posts
More "excellent discourse" ?
I-Like-To-Bike is offline  
Old 11-11-23, 03:11 AM
  #125  
climber has-been
 
terrymorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 6,787

Bikes: Scott Addict R1, Felt Z1

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3160 Post(s)
Liked 3,240 Times in 1,640 Posts
Not enjoying the thread drift here one bit.
__________________
Ride, Rest, Repeat

Zwift: Terry Morse [OldAF]
ROUVY: terrymorse





terrymorse is offline  
Likes For terrymorse:

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.