Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Bell Impulse helmet ok?

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Bell Impulse helmet ok?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-05, 06:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bell Impulse helmet ok?

I purchased a Bell Impluse Helmet and can't find any reviews about this model on the internet. Does anyhone know if it's safe enough for leisure riding?

Thanks so much for your help!

Mary
Old 08-12-05, 06:54 AM
I am not a car

Bikes: Giant Revel 1, Surly Ogre

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have been using one for over a year of daily commuting (22 miles RT). It is a cpsc-certified helmet, and if it fits you, it should be fine. I took out the front velco'ed pads and wear a bandana. In the winter or cool/cold rain, I put some packing tape over the vents to stay warm and dry. Happy trails!
Old 08-12-05, 02:38 PM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Celtic_Rose
I purchased a Bell Impluse Helmet and can't find any reviews about this model on the internet. Does anyhone know if it's safe enough for leisure riding?

Thanks so much for your help!

Mary
Certain brands you can put your trust in, and provided its fits you and is comfortable, then any Bell helmet is good. Same goes for quite a few other names, but Bell = good helmets.
Old 08-12-05, 03:10 PM
The Improbable Bulk

Bikes: Many

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
There may be minor advantages in safety for some helmets, but I would guess that the usual difference between helmets is more the air flow and comfort rather than safety.

BTW - A quick search led me to https://www.helmets.org/helmet05.htm where they call the Bell Impulse a "gem" due to its rounded shape and no snag points.

You will be just fine...

I doubt if you will find many sites reviewing a $20 helmet.... If you want to wear one reviewed in a magazine, move up to the $100 or more price range. Not safer, but you will get to wear one that has been reviewed.

I wear a $20 Bell as well, but it happens to be a different model.

People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson