Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   The Blackberry Cobbler was GOOD!! (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/158963-blackberry-cobbler-good.html)

jppe 12-10-05 03:32 PM

The Blackberry Cobbler was GOOD!!

Those that read my thread from last Saturday's century ride will recall the blackberry cobbler story. Several of you encouraged me to get it the next time we did the Saturday Century Club ride and to let you know how it was. We stop at a country store at the 65 mile mark and eat a "non-cycling" lunch as part of a reward for riding 100+ miles.

Well today I had country style steak, mashed potatoes and substituted Blackberry Cobbler for the lima beans. The server even gave me extra crust. YUMMM!!!

The mashed potatoes are incredibly good as well-must put tons of butter in them. Anyway, I think the Cobbler helped me immensely on the hills on the return leg today. Now I just have to figure out to get it put in my gu bottle for future rides......

Oh, the JOYs of riding!!!!

Digital Gee 12-10-05 04:19 PM

That sounds SOOOO good -- and so much better than the hot dog and coconut flavored Sobe I got at the end of my ride today. I saw a guy sitting there eating a hot dog, and dang it looked good.

But it wasn't. It was overcooked, dense and flavorless. The little plastic slips of mustard and tasteless relish didn't help, either. The Sobe was excellent, however!

But -- I could sure use some blackberry cobbler!!!

TaosWoman 12-10-05 04:36 PM

Your'e killing me!

stapfam 12-10-05 04:55 PM

Nearly 11pm and I am getting ready for bed. Or was. Now looking in the fridge wondering what I can have for supper. Suddenly so hungry, I'll have to ride tomorrow to get that Full English Breakfast.

That's what I like about this forum- gives you the incentive to ride. (Even if it is only for the side benefits)

oldcrank 12-10-05 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by jppe
Those that read my thread from last Saturday's century ride will recall the blackberry cobbler story. Several of you encouraged me to get it the next time we did the Saturday Century Club ride and to let you know how it was. We stop at a country store at the 65 mile mark and eat a "non-cycling" lunch as part of a reward for riding 100+ miles.

Well today I had country style steak, mashed potatoes and substituted Blackberry Cobbler for the lima beans. The server even gave me extra crust. YUMMM!!!

The mashed potatoes are incredibly good as well-must put tons of butter in them. Anyway, I think the Cobbler helped me immensely on the hills on the return leg today. Now I just have to figure out to get it put in my gu bottle for future rides......

Oh, the JOYs of riding!!!!

I'm in awe that folks can get back on their bikes and do an additional 35 miles!

Those mashed potatoes sure do sound good . . .

rck 12-10-05 05:23 PM

Nothing I have in the house sounds nearly so good, unless canned tuna is your idea of gourmet food. Before reading your descrition I was just hungry, now I'm really hungry and canned tuna just isn't the answer! The downside is that it is (with the current snow) quite nasty outside and I've no interest in becoming a traffic statistic. Maybe a pizza-let them deliver.

stapfam 12-10-05 05:27 PM

Thats it- No more mention of Food. I'm putting on weight just reading the forum.

GrannyGear 12-10-05 07:44 PM

Stafam.......in CA, a sturdy breakfast is tofu, sprouts, and organic soy patties baked not fried. Do you have any pics of this authentic English breakfast, mashed 'taters, or cobbler. Around here,we like pics. Recall one poster who received serious electrical burns while licking his monitor screen.

Anyway, got pics of this feast? (Trade you for some tamari flavored apricots!)

Dchiefransom 12-10-05 07:48 PM

Forget that California "junk". Go to Denny's for "The Ultimate Omelet", and make sure they put lots of sausage in the gravy for the "Biscuits and Gravy".