Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

T'was Christmas in Febuary

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-06, 08:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It was just like Christmas today for me at my lbs,no,not a new bicycle like some people but my new set of Arkel panniers arrived. A set of bright red GT54's and T42's with all the inner bags and rain covers to fit,already to fill up with all the essentials and go on my Grand Tour lookin' o'er the hills in a year.Now if my new bike would just get built and get here.Oh,well I guess I'll just have to wait awhile.
Old 02-22-06, 01:42 AM
Touring senior

Bikes: Cannondale touring bike

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Great start! Do you have a bike on order, or is it still in the dream category? And just where is that "Grand Tour lookin' o'er the hill" focusing on?

Good Luck!
Old 02-22-06, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The bike is on order and should be here this time next month and as far as the tour goes I'm probably bitting off more than I can chew. The tentative plans are to head north from home to Anchorage then to hang a right to Halifax, right to Miami and then San Diego,hop on a plane at Lax,fly to Sydney,ride out the top and back in the bottom,back to Lax then make my way back home to B.C.
Old 02-22-06, 06:35 PM
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by overthehillmedi
The bike is on order and should be here this time next month and as far as the tour goes I'm probably bitting off more than I can chew. The tentative plans are to head north from home to Anchorage then to hang a right to Halifax, right to Miami and then San Diego,hop on a plane at Lax,fly to Sydney,ride out the top and back in the bottom,back to Lax then make my way back home to B.C.

Wow!! Talk about an adventure!!
Old 02-22-06, 08:00 PM
Touring senior

Bikes: Cannondale touring bike

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Too bad you're not going to Alaska this summer, maybe our paths would cross. I'll be finishing a C to C (Gulf of Mex to Arctic Ocean) this summer and afterwards should have enough time for at least another 1,000 kms in Alaska

You sure do think big!!