Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Speaking of Jersesys (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/186051-speaking-jersesys.html)

Blackberry 04-05-06 07:38 AM

Speaking of Jersesys

1 Attachment(s)
I don't really like loud clothing, but on the bike I wear the highest-viz jersey I can find. With cell phones and other distractions in the the bustling college town I live in, I want to have a chance out there. But apart from all that, which jerseys are happenin' for fifty-plussers? What looks good to you? I'll start with one I've got, but don't wear too much for the above mentioned reasons.

HopedaleHills 04-05-06 08:19 AM

I have some yellow/black Decathalon store brand jerseys I wear pretty much all the time. My bike is silver/black so almost any color goes. I hardly ever get stopped by the bike fashion police, except for them to point out that I have on a BMX style helmet and wear cargo shorts!!

Ride like you STOLE it!

Monoborracho 04-05-06 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Blackberry
I don't really like loud clothing, but on the bike I wear the highest-viz jersey I can find. With cell phones and other distractions in the the bustling college town I live in, I want to have a chance out there. But apart from all that, which jerseys are happenin' for fifty-plussers? What looks good to you? I'll start with one I've got, but don't wear too much for the above mentioned reasons.

Rather than jerseys, I wear Underarmour tee shirts, baselayers, etc. They work for me. I go for the yellows, oranges, and reds. I do have one or two biking jerseys. My Pearl Izumi jacket is Hi-Viz. I wear red gloves to contrast. I like to sort of wave at the car approaching from behind sometimes, so they see my red glove. I wear a big triangle on the back of my rack pack for day trips, have a reflective vest for early AM and in short....IF I GET HIT FROM BEHIND THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE TO BE AIMING FOR ME. I intend to be seen.

Growing old is not for sissies.

webist 04-05-06 12:01 PM

My bikeforums.net jersey is bright yellow with light green/blue design features. It's a European cut though so the impact of adipose infaltion are more readily felt.

All of my jerseys are brightly colored.

cheeseflavor 04-05-06 01:03 PM

I've been hooked on these jerseys lately. $25, they're a relaxed fit, comfortable and durable. Also, the retailer who sells them has been great.

Steve

NOS88 04-05-06 01:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My favorite is my yellow A.B. Ale jersey. People in cars actually seem to slow down to read it.

stapfam 04-05-06 02:51 PM

Being a half of a Tandem- I wear whatever I can get in a medium and a Large- so that we both have the same top-Saves confusion as we once had a rider wonder where I got the top that changed colour. He was following and most of the ride it was Trek purple, but at Gates(As I jumped off to open gates) it changed to yellow. It was at the end of a long ride, and he was shattered and he did admit that he normally wore glasses. This generally means that we have light coloured tops and for some reason- they all have a lot of white in them. Only thing is the quality- It must be a wicking material and the zip has to be a good length.

Mind you- when it gets to the long sleeve tops- we both have blue tops and both have 2 each and they are made of "Roubaix" material. If you want a warm cycling top- then get it made of this material. Then there is the long sleeeve lightweight Fleece. Invaluable. But does not wick away- just gets damp and cold when you stop- so don't stop.

roccobike 04-05-06 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by webist
My bikeforums.net jersey is bright yellow with light green/blue design features. It's a European cut though so the impact of adipose infaltion are more readily felt.

All of my jerseys are brightly colored.

THey sell bikeforums.net jerseys? How can I get one?

oilfreeandhappy 04-07-06 02:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I wear a fluorescent yellow, although the jacket is almost 15 years old, and faded quite a lot. Other than a few months in the summer, I almost always need at least a jacket for the mile-high mornings.

DnvrFox 04-07-06 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by roccobike
THey sell bikeforums.net jerseys? How can I get one?

They did. All gone. European cut, so the XL I got fits my wife, not me.

Send your picture and bio for our Rogue's Gallery to

bfn50gallery@aol.com

See the gallery at:

http://members.aol.com/bfn50gallery

Please help make this a great addition to the 50+ Forum.

Cove 04-07-06 07:26 AM

I also am interested in getting a bike forum jersey. How do I buy one?

geraldatwork 04-07-06 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Cove
I also am interested in getting a bike forum jersey. How do I buy one?

+1

Tmax1 04-07-06 09:05 AM

You can always have one made or make one yourself with a jersey pattern from

The Green Pepper.

Then you can go with the "flavour" of your choice.

Lion Steve 04-07-06 07:35 PM

For something inexpensive, I would recommend these.

http://www.alertshirt.com/xhaletshirt1.html

Raketmensch 04-07-06 10:31 PM

I've got several, but my all-time favorite is a "Regione Toscana" jersey that I found in a LBS in Hawaii, of all places. Red and white, with a Pegasus-like flying horse on the front and Italian flags on the shoulders. Makes me feel cool just standing still.

RonH 04-08-06 08:34 AM

I usually wear yellow or fluorescent yellow/green jerseys. Too many crazy drivers in Atlanta. But I kinda like this one. I'm just too cheap to part with $80 + shipping not knowing how it's cut or will fit.

http://www.foska.com/acatalog/flanders_popup.jpg

I'm also kinda picky about the style, cut, pattern, graphics, colors, etc. I won't wear just any old thing. :o

FYI: I bought 2 BF jerseys when they were available. They were made by Sugoi :crash: European cut/fit. The XXL fit me like an American cut L but was way too long. Sold them to BF members who didn't get in on the original order.

oilfreeandhappy 04-08-06 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Tmax1
You can always have one made or make one yourself with a jersey pattern from

The Green Pepper.

Then you can go with the "flavour" of your choice.

I thought the Green Pepper was selling new bicycle jerseys for $5-$6, then I realized these were just patterns. I'd probably make a mess of that.

Blackberry 04-08-06 12:30 PM

Dang, wish I hadn't seen that. Now i want one.

stapfam 04-08-06 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by RonH
I'm also kinda picky about the style, cut, pattern, graphics, colors, etc. I won't wear just any old thing. :o

Any item of clothing has to be tried on to see how it fits. A medium in one manufacturer is not the same as another medium in another manufacturer.
Just as I will not go clothes shopping with my wife- My wife will not come cycling clothing shopping with me. I am as bad as my Daughters. 2 hours looking at the tops or shorts or tights- then selecting the two or three I like- then try them on- one will fit better than the rest so take the other 2 back but pick up another 2 of the one I want- in the same size and try them on. One of those items will fit better than the others so that is the one I will buy.Normally takes about 3 hours so go to a big shop in London and make a day of it. The wife will meet me in a cafe somewhere while she does her own shopping. Unfortunately, if I am also buying for my Tandem co-rider, he gets the same shirt in the same colour in a large size- without the advantage of trying on first.

HAMMER MAN 04-08-06 02:13 PM

RonH
cool jersey.

KLW2 04-09-06 07:02 PM

I'm with Lion Steve, they are great shirts and the company is very good.

Hammer Man, Semper Fi!! Where did you find the jerseys?

HAMMER MAN 04-10-06 06:40 AM

kLW

sorry about the slow response, left work Sat @ 4;15. got a fast ride, and sunday 75 miler, so back at work being Monday.

Go to primal wear.com
you can order direct or performace did carry them.

SEMPER FI

KLW2 04-10-06 06:43 PM

Thanks!
Nice ride!