Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

OK, so I've lost my fatty pads...

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-06, 07:34 PM

Bikes: 06 Bacchetta Giro 20

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is this like the hair thing? Lose it on top of your head only to have it protrude from from nose, ears and go wild in your eye brows. - lose fat from the bottom of my feet and battle constantly to slow it down on the mid section. I know one or more of you suggested a while back my foot discomfort was due to this condition of lost fatty pads which indeed it turned out to be. It's actually gotten pretty bad to the point I feel like I'm walking on marbles, there's so little padding between my bones and whatever I'm standing on. I'm had different insoles and supports prescribed or suggested and nothing has really helped. Good news is that it doesn't really bother me that much riding but I can barely walk by the end of a normal day. I know some of you said you'd delt with this. FRIENDS, I'm lookin for help here. Suggestions? I'm doing my annual mountain climbing and hiking in Colorado in a month but it's not looking good for that right now. I've got a 500 mile ride coming up just another month after that. Is there a home kit for lypo suction to remove unwanted fat from the gut and insert into feet?
Old 05-10-06, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
I'd consider a different podiatrist. There is really no reason you should not be able to find some relief for this condition. It is NOT part of the normal aging process to have pain in your feet. If you're dealing with a podiatrist that ignores your complaints, gives up, or tells you, "it's part of getting older", you need to find another podiatrist. Too may in the medical profession still hold ageist attitudes and beliefs that can hinder your ability to find a solution to your situation. While it may not be possible to eliminate the pain of this condition completely, it should be possible to reduce it to levels of discomfort that allow for some relief and enables you to remain functional.
Old 05-10-06, 07:36 PM
jock doc

Bikes: Torque Titanium with 650c wheels

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Hawk,
Accurate diagnosis is the key to any medical problem. Heel pain may be due to a host of disparate conditions.
The differential diagnosis includes:
Plantar Fascitis, Medial Plantar calcaneal neuritis, S1 Radiculopathy, Heel Fat Pad syndrome, Calcaneal Stress Fracture, Peroneal longus Tendinopathy and a few others if I felt like researching the topic.
So, let's assume your diagnosis is correct. Here is a link that may help.
https://www.spinalhealth.net/XT_files/XT-inj-fatpad.html
Good luck and let us know if it helps.
Cheers.
DocSocSam
Old 05-11-06, 04:10 PM

Bikes: 06 Bacchetta Giro 20

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Actually...

I have no problem at all in the heal area. It's entirely in the metatarsal region. To the touch, it feels like there's not much more than skin between the bones in that area and the surface. It really feels like marbles in my socks after being on my feet for a while.