Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Rogue's Gallery Finished? (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/201295-rogues-gallery-finished.html)

DnvrFox 06-04-06 06:35 PM

Rogue's Gallery Finished?

THE 50+ FORUM ROGUE'S GALLERY IS NOW OFFICIALLY FINISHED UNTIL THE NEXT UPDATE JULY 15, 2006! :D :) :D

We ended up with 69 entries featuring about 72 folks

(I will still accept currently any "Accomplishments" threads that you might like linked to the Rogue's Gallery.)

New(er)comers to the 50+ Forum should feel free (and are encouraged) to add your bicycling picture and bio. Folks from 100 miles of riding on a comfort bike to those with 27,000+ miles per year are welcome. The Rogue's Gallery is updated every month on or about the 15th starting July 15th, 2006. However, you may forward your submission at any time.

The Rogue's Gallery provides a great testament to the wonderful (and a bit crazy) 50+ riders we have on this forum. I have REALLY enjoyed getting it together, getting to know you better, and hope you all have also.

If you haven't seen the Rogue's Gallery, please click below.

nedgoudy 06-04-06 06:45 PM

I wanna post a couple of
pics of my new Rhoades
Car but I will have to wait
til it arrives in late July.

I hope that won't be too late!

HiYoSilver 06-04-06 08:02 PM

yeah, yeah, yeah.

Try to get it done tomorrow. Actually cleaned the chain yesterday, but wanted to let it sit for a day.
I'm been impressed by your 30+ rides and am going to try a 15 tomorrow. Been just short trips so far and now longer than 10 miles.

Old foogey brain fart was reversed also yesterday. For this heat I figured I had to have a water bottle and kept on losing water bottles. Yesterday I wasn't too stressed and looking at it, I realized I had the holder on upside down. It would be nice if they had a sticker for those not always clear on the mechanics-- this side up.

will dehne 06-04-06 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by DnvrFox
We haven't had an entry in the Rogue's Gallery for some time now. The hits on the web site are way down, and it seems to becoming inactive.
4. And a bio and pic from Will Dehne.

So, in about a week I think I will consider it a finished, fun, educational project and shut it down to new entries.

DnvrFox.
Here is my to do list as I got back to the real world from this Cross Country Tour:
1) See if the Company I am supposed to manage is still functioning.
2) Get Re-acquainted with my wife which means going on a Tandem bike Tour.
3) Visit my Customers and see if they still remember me.
4) Visit and get visited by all our friends to talk about the Tour.
5) Help fixing things around the house which broke while gone.
6) Recondition my Exercise bike.
7) Recondition my Tandem bike.
8) Receive the pieces of my Tour bike and see if can use to keep racing Hot Shots.
9) Wash 30++ windows of our house.
10) Plan our next bike tour over Fourth of July.
11) Answer all these BF posts such as this one.
12) Get a bio and picture for this Rogue Gallery. (I will do it, but one week????)

BTW, I never said thanks for posting these pictures on/in GrannyGears Thread.
I had a blast with that. All my friends and Relatives have visited that Thread. Over 2100 hits, my goodness.
Will Dehne

HiYoSilver 06-05-06 06:24 AM

:roflmao: :D :) :D :roflmao:

I'm glad my mouth wasn't full of water. I would have ruined my computer keyboard!

I expected some razing about this. My wife had such fun with the goof up, I thought others in the group would get at least a chuckle.

TysonB 06-06-06 06:37 PM

Denver,

I am a committed lurker and only an occassional poster. This and Vintage (of course) are my favorite stops each night after working out. I'll send a bio before the cut-off, BUT since I have no clue as to how to post a picture, just save me a spot for one until one of my kids comes home for a weekend and posts a pic for me.

Tyson
Cushing, Oklahoma

Mimi (1968 Peugeot U08)

pastorbobnlnh 06-06-06 07:34 PM

Just a reminder.

The Rogue's Gallery will be closing to new bios as of June 12th.

At that time I will take all the pending bios (I have one now) and will be "finishing up" the Gallery.

So, if you want to be included, send your bio in now, except for WD.

Dnvr,

See! I knew I was supposed to add my bio and pic early. If I had waited until I turned 50 in 2008 you would have never let me in! By then this place would be called "Fifty Two Plus (52+)!" :p Thanks for letting me in early! :D

Digital Gee 06-09-06 06:06 PM

I might have missed something, but is there a reason the gallery has to close? What about the johnnie-come-latelys who join the forum soon?

Digital Gee 06-09-06 06:24 PM

Oh, okay, I get it. But if someone does come along and they want to participate, you'd put 'em in the gallery, right? You just don't want to keep pushing uphill, right?

DnvrFox 06-11-06 03:53 PM

I am still welcoming folks who would like to have their "accomplishments" listed and linked on the accomplishments page.

This page now contains only accomplishments of folks with a Rogue's Gallery bio.

Red Baron 06-11-06 06:58 PM

I emailed you my entry DF. Thanks

DnvrFox 06-15-06 06:40 PM

Abodaki and dauphin posted

THE 50+ FORUM ROGUE'S GALLERY IS NOW OFFICIALLY FINISHED UNTIL THE NEXT UPDATE JULY 15, 2006! :D :) :D

We ended up with 71 entries featuring about 74 folks

(I will still accept currently any "Accomplishments" threads that you might like linked to the Rogue's Gallery.)

dauphin 06-15-06 11:39 PM

DnvrFox, thank you for including me in the gallery!