Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   CTscan negative, so far so good! (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/202458-ctscan-negative-so-far-so-good.html)

Cyclist0094 06-09-06 11:53 AM

CTscan negative, so far so good!

Just got the call, no big "C" going on or any other major malfunctions in the plumbing though I still have a urinary infection. Seeing doctor at 4pm to figure out the next step. I have 7.5 months to go for the big five-oh. I may make it yet!!

DnvrFox 06-09-06 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by velonomad
Just got the call, no big "C" going on or any other major malfunctions in the plumbing though I still have a urinary infection. Seeing doctor at 4pm to figure out the next step. I have 7.5 months to go for the big five-oh. I may make it yet!!

GREAT NEWS!

I kinda think you are going to make the big 50! See ya there.

Are we invited to the party?

We will have to have a virtual B'day party at Irma's with blueberry pie and candles.

Cyclist0094 06-09-06 02:49 PM

Doc says I will be a PITA for at least a few more years. Gonna get antibiotics through an IV drip in a couple of weeks to try and flush out the infection. all other systems are a go. whew! so this is what they call midlife crisis!

woo-hoo online 50th Birthday party! Being an internet party it will probaly be easier to serve up cheesecake than blueberry pie! :D

Blackberry 06-09-06 03:02 PM

Congrats. Some of these infections can be a real bear. Don't ask me how I know this.

stapfam 06-09-06 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Blackberry
Congrats. Some of these infections can be a real bear. Don't ask me how I know this.

Infections are better mentally than PCa, and that I do know.

jppe 06-09-06 07:12 PM

Great news!! I've heard that some infections are getting more resistent to antibiotics so probably just need to find the tomahawk missile version that will zero in on that sucker......

stapfam 06-10-06 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by velonomad
woo-hoo online 50th Birthday party! Being an internet party it will probaly be easier to serve up cheesecake than blueberry pie! :D

Love cheesecake so do a good spread and plenty of napkins please. How will it arrive as I have now got rid of my "A" drive and if it comes through the CD player- It could be messy. Pics please of the spread.

KeithA 06-10-06 12:05 PM

Whew!!!

GrannyGear 06-10-06 12:47 PM

One distraction from a urinary infection is to not use a saddle but to simply sit on the seatpost. On longer rides it is guaranteed that you will not notice urinary difficulties.
Getting off the bike might require some effort.

We wouldn't be joking if the news weren't so good and filled with relief. Time to let out that bated breath and get back to taking life for granted.....now to find the right anti-bio's.

Cyclist0094 06-10-06 07:45 PM

It seems so stupid now, a urinary infection coupled with acid reflux and heartburn. I have never had any of those before and I went into a panic. Doc put me on Nexium and I feel better than I have in awhile. Thanks for all of the kind words and advice.

SemperFi 06-10-06 07:57 PM

Great news. Take care.