Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Terry saddles

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Terry saddles

Old 07-08-06, 05:26 PM
one post at time

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Terry saddles

hey folks,

just wondering if anyone is using a Terry saddle. I'm still looking for the road to butt nirvana and noticed Terry offer a 30 day money back guarantee (refund or exchange).

I realise my butt is different to yours (my wife reckons mine's HOT!) but I'm just curious to hear from anyone who's happy with a Terry.

cheers
Old 07-08-06, 06:13 PM
In the right lane

Bikes: 1974 Huffy 3 speed

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kakman
hey folks,

just wondering if anyone is using a Terry saddle. I'm still looking for the road to butt nirvana and noticed Terry offer a 30 day money back guarantee (refund or exchange).

I realise my butt is different to yours (my wife reckons mine's HOT!) but I'm just curious to hear from anyone who's happy with a Terry.

cheers
I think this thread will help you. https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/207532-getting-used-new-saddle.html

Also, I recently purchased a Terry Liberator for $34 at Performance. The above site wanted $60.

I'm still riding with the Terry, but it took more than a week to get used to it.
Old 07-08-06, 06:18 PM
Geezer Member

Bikes: Airborne, LeMond, Bianchi CX, Volae Century, Redline 925 (fixed) and a Burley Tandem.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've had very good luck with my Liberators. I've got 2 of them. The fact that it only took you a week to get used to it is a positive thing.... I also like the Specialized Alias, it is a bit firmer than the Liberator but once I got used to it I like it just as well.
Old 07-08-06, 06:28 PM
Resident Old Fart

Bikes: Douglas Precision Ti

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I like my Terry Fly a lot.
Old 07-08-06, 06:52 PM

Bikes: 06 Lemond Reno, 98 GT Timberline mtn.bike

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked 688 Times in 429 Posts
I have an old, Terry Liberator Sport. Don't see that model in their current lineup, though I think the Ti Race might be similar. The nose on my Sport is narrower than the current Liberator. Guess when my current Terry saddle is done in (if it ever happens), I'll have to see what they have closest, as I really like it!
Old 07-09-06, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
I have a Terry Fly. It's fine for rides of less than three hours. Anything over that, and it's get's real uncomfortable for me. It's a bit too rounded in the rear portion. I like something wider.