Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

AAARRRGGGGGHHHHH! TDF-aholics PLZ HELP!

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Old 07-25-06, 11:57 AM
cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

aaarrrgghhhh!
I had the entire TDF recorded on my DirecTV DVR, but hadn't downloaded it to my 'puter, yet.
Sunday morning the DVR had a hernia AND loses ALL of the recordings!
nothing to do except reformat the DVR drive and try to catch the last stage
AARRRRRGGGHHHH!
So I'm panhandling for any 'handouts' from any others who have ANY portion of the TDF recorded - any format, any media... VHS, BETA, DVD.
Willing to do anything to get any stage or weekly recap footage any of ya'll have, un-edited is fine/great!
If you have any of the TDF recorded and can either burn to DVD or dupe a tape, PLZ ping me and lets work a way to get a copy. You will be handsomely rewarded...
<Princess Leia
Help me BF50+rs, you're my only hope...
</Princess Leia
Old 07-25-06, 12:09 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Could these folks help?

http://www.worldcycling.com/merchant...FUyNIgodZ3VOTg
Old 07-25-06, 12:13 PM
jisaak
Not So Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dnvr - OLN is to have a recap called "The Men Who Would Be King" airing on either the 29th or 30th. Check you local listings.

jim
Old 07-25-06, 12:18 PM
stonecrd
OnTheRoad or AtTheBeach

Bikes: Ridley Noah RS, Scott CR1 Pro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Do you On Demand from your cable system? OLN provides about 4 stages of past days on my cable provider for free.

2013 Noah RS
Old 07-25-06, 01:58 PM
cyclezen
OM boy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jisaak
Dnvr - OLN is to have a recap called "The Men Who Would Be King" airing on either the 29th or 30th. Check you local listings.

jim
Thanks for the references Guys, I was planning on a 14-15hr (6 DVD set) and a 'shortened' 3hr set so the 12hr 'Cycling' set from Denver's post might be good - I'll also check DirecTV to see if there are any replays available. Quite the price, but considering the amount of edit time to complete my set (and not having the video files anymore...) its prolly worth.
This coming Sunday's 1hr special on OLN - Sunday 7PM EST & again 1AM? EST - is set to record; AND I've already setup to digitize it direct to the computer. I guess I should have done that right away and not relied on the DVR to hold the files for convenience. I'll be smarter for the future.
I also lost my weekly GIRO recap files
This TDF felt like the good ole daze, looked forward to every stage with hopes of something new and interesting, I wuzn't disappointed.
Old 07-25-06, 05:52 PM
Bud Bent
Wheezing Geezer

Bikes: Bacchetta Corsa, RANS Stratus XP

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The only thing I saved was the 17th stage. I was so surprised and inspired, I copied it from dvr to dvd. Everything else got deleted after I watched.
Old 07-26-06, 12:24 PM
cyclezen
OM boy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bud Bent
The only thing I saved was the 17th stage. I was so surprised and inspired, I copied it from dvr to dvd. Everything else got deleted after I watched.
Hey Bud, I'm still determined to 'compile' my own version, and I may have acesss to some earlier stages in the Pyrenees as well.
SO, if there's a way I can get a copy of your stage 17, then the stages I still need would be 15(L'Alpe d'Huez) & 16(La Toussuire), but getting 17 would be key!

I'm going to PM you as well as this note here on the board, on the hope we can work something out.

Anyone else with ANY other stages, including afore mentioned Pyrenees or TTs, you contribs would be appreciated and rewarded with a 'personal use' set of whatever I come up with...

Will edit out all commercials, but try to keep some of the juicier '4stooges' commentary and banter in...
waddaya say?