Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Three Day Weekend, Whoop-de-woo!

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-06, 02:24 PM

Bikes: 1971 Motobecane Grand Record (frame), 1983 Vitus 979 (Bought new and built up. My son still rides it), 1978 Raliegh Roadster (complete but totally torn down right now. 28" wheels, Surly Cross Check ( my love. What a bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Who would have thunk it in West Texas? This was my first 3 day Labor Day weekend in 10 years and it has rained constantly since Friday! Yeah, we might get a storm blow through for an hour or two but not for four freaking days! I've sat here looking at the web sites for fenders and pondering how they would look on my bike but, as soon as I installed them, we would be back to regular weather of 10-12 inches/year.

I don't know, maybe I should go ahead and commit to fenders since I'm an old explorer and not a young racer anyway. Just ranting. Thanks for letting me let off the frustration.
Old 09-04-06, 02:32 PM
RockHammer

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by turtleguy54
Who would have thunk it in West Texas? This was my first 3 day Labor Day weekend in 10 years and it has rained constantly since Friday!
We just got new bikes last weekend. Had a nice ride Saturday morning and no chance to ride since. But I'll take all the blame for the rain if you want to give me credit.

Old 09-04-06, 05:16 PM
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
No rain here. Took in a high school football game with my sons Friday night. Our team won. Saturday I did a casual ride around the airport with my wife and youngest son, who is just getting back into riding after healing a broken arm. Sunday I hit the hills for about 32 miles with a friend. Today the boy and I took in a 38 mile tour of the county and climbed lots of hills again. Good rides with good company. I also got to watch many college football games. My Bulldogs won easily over a lesser opponent, but looked good in the process. It's been a good holiday weekend for me.
Old 09-04-06, 09:06 PM

Bikes: Canondale LL Bean, Criterium; both MY Schwinn Volare's, Voyageur 11.8; Holdsworth; Bob Jackson; Raleigh Super Course Mk II and Super Course Racing USA; Trek 1500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by BluesDawg
No rain here. Took in a high school football game with my sons Friday night. Our team won. Saturday I did a casual ride around the airport with my wife and youngest son, who is just getting back into riding after healing a broken arm. Sunday I hit the hills for about 32 miles with a friend. Today the boy and I took in a 38 mile tour of the county and climbed lots of hills again. Good rides with good company. I also got to watch many college football games. My Bulldogs won easily over a lesser opponent, but looked good in the process. It's been a good holiday weekend for me.
Big Dawg . . . Now that's what it's all about!