Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Oh The Humanity!

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Oh The Humanity!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-06, 10:29 AM

Bikes: Canyon Endurace SLX 8Di2

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 14 Posts
Oh The Humanity!

Drat. the weather forecast for this Saturday's Pie Ride is for Rain/snow and very windy! Whats an younger over 50 to do? Help! Can I ride my trainer and eat my wife's home-made strawberry pie in my living room and still take credit for the pie ride? Do I have to go out into the first winter weather of the season?
Old 09-13-06, 11:17 AM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by howsteepisit
Drat. the weather forecast for this Saturday's Pie Ride is for Rain/snow and very windy! Whats an younger over 50 to do? Help! Can I ride my trainer and eat my wife's home-made strawberry pie in my living room and still take credit for the pie ride? Do I have to go out into the first winter weather of the season?
You lucky devil- Some of us are struggling to get the bike out of the shed with losing 4lbs in sweat. Then there is the ride where we have to keep stopping at cafes for refreshment and if you are stopping for coffee- then a bun or a doughnut does not go out of place either. So we then have to finish the ride with a non-stop 20 miles in the excrutiating heat to burn off the calories that we have eaten.

In answer to your question- YES. Unless the snow is above the height of the pedals and will make your feet cold.

Edit---- Was just about to get the bike out of the shed for a cooler evening ride and Big flashes of lighting and plenty of thunder- I just wish it was snow then I could get some decent photos up on the hills

Spike Milligan

Last edited by stapfam; 09-13-06 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-13-06, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 69 Posts
Snow !?! WTF! You need to move south.
My wife is a redhead too.
Old 09-13-06, 12:13 PM
sch

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 104 Posts
Montanans are supposed to be able to handle this. Piece of cake and all that. www.icebike.com might be a useful site.
Old 09-13-06, 08:23 PM
Bike Junkie

Location: South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 27 Posts
That reminds me, I still have to find a diner that sells pie. Everything here is either fast food or chicken and bisquets.