Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Blue Moon over KY (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/232113-blue-moon-over-ky.html)

Red Baron 09-26-06 06:30 PM

Blue Moon over KY

Well - I've mention the Triathlon with my son in Florida this coming weekend. So I've been tapering off this week, but did an easy Brick this evening (2 events, one immediately after the other). I rode my bike and ran. I chose a BRIGHT floresent yellow Jersey and a bright green pair of shorts (why do they call them a pair???).

Did good on the bike, did a short TT to get heart pumping and cooled down going back home. So I practiced transistion, took 15 seconds - doing good. Plan to run 2 miles. I usually run ona thread mill or on a track, but as the tri is on pavement, I practice running on a country road by home, not much moving so I run against traffic. I see locals walk alot on this road so its not unusual to see this, but granted not a commmon sight. When I see a car/truck coming towards me, I look behind me to see if a call is coming. If so- I step well off pavement, if Not I wave at car making sure they see me and run just on the side of blacktop. Folks being nice in this part of county usually wave back, and move over giving me plenty of room. Worked good, had about a dozen situations that worked out fine. Now- I'm about a 1/4 mile from home, here comes a car. I look back - no car coming. I wave, see guy look at me straight in the eye, about 30, dark hair, facial hair goatee, OOPS DANG he gives me the finger, moves my way and misses me by about a foot- surprised heck outa me. I am PO'ed, and without thinking, I drop my green shorts and show him my skinny A##. :eek: I look back quicky and see the ole finger again, couldn't make out license plate. And no- I've never seen this car or him in 2400 miles this year.

Had my best run time so far - Knew I did wrong but it sure felt good. :mad:

You all take care.

Digital Gee 09-26-06 06:34 PM

You have a skinny a$$?

Dang! :D

Red Baron 09-26-06 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Digital Gee
You have a skinny a$$?

Dang! :D

Well actually - I can crack an egg on it. :)

NOS88 09-26-06 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Red Baron

:eek: :eek: :eek:

CrossChain 09-26-06 08:22 PM

So, actually you're a "hard-ass"? :p

Digital Gee 09-26-06 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by CrossChain
So, actually you're a "hard-ass"? :p

Wait -- are you trying to draw a contrast with us lard-asses? :eek:

CheeseLouise 09-26-06 08:48 PM

Ewe! Sounds messy :D

jppe 09-26-06 08:50 PM

Maybe the title to the post should be "full moon" over KY??? Unless there is more to the story that we really don't need to know????

BTW-I laughed at the spontaneous response!!

Sandwarrior 09-26-06 09:16 PM

OOOOOOOOOH now that is an image I DID NOT need in my head. Now I need to go get my brain washed......:eek:

Grampy™ 09-27-06 06:28 AM

.....there I was cruising the forum minding my own business.....and Wham! I get smacked with an Azz thread. :eek: