Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   What Do the 50+'s Eat for Dinner (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/239144-what-do-50-s-eat-dinner.html)

CheeseLouise 10-22-06 06:38 PM

What Do the 50+'s Eat for Dinner

Okay,

Let's see what we ate for dinner tonight and how much. Now, tell the truth! It's a good check to make sure we are all eating healthy in our (clears throat) later years...:rolleyes:

Tonight's dinner

grilled steak (2oz)
baked potato (1/4 of a small potato topped with fresh cheddar cheese and Fat Free Sour Cream)
acorn squash (1/4 of large)
salad ( 1/4 cup romain and spinach)

Buuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppppppppp....man that dinner was really good! :D

fifty5 10-22-06 06:57 PM

Spaghetti
Ceasar salad
Soy milk (chocolate)
Banana

milt 10-22-06 07:07 PM

Stuffed peppers and salad...

CheeseLouise 10-22-06 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by fifty5
Spaghetti
Ceasar salad
Soy milk (chocolate)
Banana

Yummy...now I am going to have to make another dinner...this is making me hungry all over again :D

will dehne 10-22-06 07:20 PM

German Dinner:
Romano salat with shredded carrots.
Fresh Mixed veggies with olive oil.
Turkey meat in a Reynolds bag.
Boiled Potatoes.
Great Cabernet Sauvignon from California.

NOS88 10-22-06 07:42 PM

Pasta with a red sauce, salad & one non-alcohol beer. Wanted cheescake, but took a deep breath and pushed it away.

Grampy™ 10-22-06 08:01 PM

Meatloaf (made with Turkey burger) Baked potato, and Baked beans.

Trsnrtr 10-22-06 08:02 PM

turkey and white bean chili with mixed salad.

dauphin 10-22-06 08:03 PM

Two In and Out Cheeseburgers with spread, pickles, and grilled onions....large fries and a large Diet Coke!

Red Baron 10-22-06 08:16 PM

Spaghetti light on the sauce, with Turkey meatballs (non-fat).
Special vegtable concoction of wifes= casserole made of spinich, potatoes, squash, some light cheese, and some other stuff, 2 toasted slices of bread (OK- I'll admit White bread).
Plus a small serving of ice cream, & peaches - then de caff coffee 1 cup max.
Actually all quite tastety.

CrossChain 10-22-06 08:36 PM

Came in starved from a car trip. Immediately ate bagle. Dinner followed later: tuna salad and mixed veggies green salad wth hot green tea after. Breakfast earlier was mixed grain cereal with peanuts&raisens topped with fresh (uncooked) cranberries.

Digital Gee 10-22-06 09:03 PM

Grilled salmon, thai noodles, orange juice.

dauphin 10-22-06 09:08 PM

all this healthy food talk if making me ill.....where's my Hefe Weizen? http://www.pacfit.com/goodcut.gif

luv2cruz 10-22-06 09:16 PM

Splurge night! Chips and salsa, chicken and shrimp fajitas with rice and guacamole, one margarita, and a strawberry-banana low fat smoothie. No pie.

Back on "sensible" diet tomorrow. :)

Skipper 10-22-06 09:35 PM

Scallops alfredo with linguini (Sunday night is usually a splurge night)
carrots
glass of milk
ice cream for dessert

Had a nice glass of homemade elderberry wine while reading the forums

dauphin 10-22-06 09:36 PM

mmmm...great snack..my daughter just made deep fried zucchini!

CheeseLouise 10-22-06 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by dauphin
mmmm...great snack..my daughter just made deep fried zucchini!

Ooooooh, that makes me miss the MN State Fair! If it can be deep fried or put on a a stick they have it there. Deep fried snicker bars on a stick! Ooey, gooey yummy!

Dogbait 10-23-06 01:22 AM

4 oz. lean beef (flatiron steak) sliced thin and stir-fried with:
1/2 medium yellow onion
1 stalk of celery
1 small Zucchini squash
10-12 fresh Sugar Snap peas

12 oz. Cranberry-Raspberry juice

1 large apple

6 oz. strawberry yogurt

Trsnrtr 10-23-06 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by dauphin
all this healthy food talk if making me ill.....where's my Hefe Weizen? http://www.pacfit.com/goodcut.gif

Don't worry, I lied. like the rest of the overweight 50+ers. If the rest of these 50+ers are telling the ruth about what they ate, then they left out the part about the double fudge sundae they had for dessert. :)

mollusk 10-23-06 05:23 AM

Collard greens and yellow rice with lemonade for dinner. But this doesn't include the snacking in the afternoon after riding 110.9 miles - hummus, crackers, carrots and part of a small pesto pizza. It was HOT (upper 80's to 90 F), windy (15 mph with gusts into the 20's), and I was out there helping a couple of 20-somethings do their first century rides.

jab1362 10-23-06 07:25 AM

Chicken salsa verde burrito
Diet coke
love it size Cold Stone sweet cream and berries

DnvrFox 10-23-06 07:36 AM

Not a typical dinner, but:

3 slices of "light" whole wheat bread (120 calories total)
dipped in "egg beaters" and cooked on teflon skillet with light coating of canola oil
1 thin piece of "turkey ham" also fried in no oil.
A bit of honey and some canola oil spread
1 slice cantaloupe and fresh strawberries
Water

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr
Don't worry, I lied. like the rest of the overweight 50+ers. If the rest of these 50+ers are telling the ruth about what they ate, then they left out the part about the double fudge sundae they had for dessert. :)

Man that sounds good, but I havent lost 11 pounds eating that way!

dbg 10-23-06 07:57 AM

half a burger
8 sea scallops (grilled with olive oil, garlic, and jerk seasoning, Mmmmm.)
broccoli
red wine

So I'm thinking about meal plans when I retire (in 10 years). I want to emphasize breakfast more and dinner less. I've experimented with "snacky" dinners already. And my kids now accept olive oil and fresh bread as a valid dinner option. Hmmmm.

PaulH 10-23-06 08:35 AM

Pasta with spinach, garlic bread, Anchor Steam Beer.

Paul

Coloradopenguin 10-23-06 09:02 AM

Honey mustard pretzel bits!

I was on the homeward leg of a road trip to the in-laws. Had a grilled chicken sandwich with fries for lunch, and a light snack was enough to get home. Breakfast was homemade cinnamon rolls and banana bread (all made with Splenda instead of sugar) with milk and cranberry juice.