Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Hi there (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/260470-hi-there.html)

crazylady 01-13-07 05:03 AM

Hi there

Just dropping in to see what is up. Before you ask yes I am at the great50+ also. My neck of the woods a great big nothing. Rain. uck! Talk with me.

crazylady

jppe 01-13-07 06:35 AM

Welcome and sorry to hear about the rain. We're looking at mid 60's with 70 tomorrow so two terrific days for riding in NC.

Blackberry 01-13-07 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by crazylady
Just dropping in to see what is up. Before you ask yes I am at the great50+ also. My neck of the woods a great big nothing. Rain. uck! Talk with me.

crazylady

Welcome aboard. Rain here, too. Where do you live?

Artkansas 01-13-07 07:20 AM

We have rain in Arkansas, but Oklahoma has an ice storm, and it's heading north not east, so things seem pretty hunky dory here.

Welcome to the 50+ forum.

Terrierman 01-13-07 07:44 AM

We have rain here too. But it is freezing on the trees. Not yet on the ground or roads. Sounds like there are some major opwer outages to the North of us, on the evening news they were reporting 30" trees coming down due to the weight of the ice. YIKES!

KenSmith 01-13-07 08:41 AM

we have about 1/2" of ice here. had freezing rain all night, some trees down, widespread power outages... MJ and I are lucky, we lost no trees and the power is still on.

Ken

bentnail 01-13-07 09:12 AM

Welcome to the group! You won't find a better place to hang your hat than right here:-)

PS How crazylady are you?

Bud Bent 01-13-07 09:40 AM

Welcome, crazylady. They've extended the ice storm warning here in the Dallas-Fort Worth area until Monday morning. But I'm grounded from surgery anyway, so if there has to be an ice storm, I guess this is as good a time as any.

Tell us about yourself. You'll find some good listeners here.

Digital Gee 01-13-07 09:55 AM

Crazylady, did you bring pie? If so, what kind? If not, why not?

WillisB 01-13-07 10:37 AM

Welcome crazylady! It's raining here in Central New York too.

East Hill 01-13-07 10:37 AM

She may be crazy, but she's obviously not indoctrinated yet.

Hey, this isn't another Diego disguise is it?

Oh, 19 degrees Fahrenheit at SeaTac airport. Still plenty of leftover snow. The roads, however, are mostly clear. But some tricky patches here and there. Mind the hills!

East Hill

Red Baron 01-13-07 11:07 AM

Rain and 57 degrees in Central KY - I'm going NUTS!!!!!!!

Oh Yea - WELCOME Crazy Lady!

Mojo Slim 01-13-07 11:59 AM

10 degrees but dry here in Quincy CA. 'Sposed to get up to 30+ by this afternoon, which means good 'nuff for a ride.

Welcome Crazylady. As you can see, you'll never get a shortage of replies to your posts on this forum.

Sandwarrior 01-13-07 12:12 PM

Snowed last night again, maybe another inch. The sun is out but I can't ride as it is only 3 degrees. More snow forecasted for tonight (again, maybe another inch). I just finished digging out my sidewalk from the blizzard snowfall and I just about have my basement cleaned out from Christmas storage. The new trainer will be going in as soon as the last of the furniture is moved around. I suppose its better to ride the trainer indoors than not to ride at all, but I sure do miss getting out.

stapfam 01-13-07 02:52 PM

Where are you? What bike do you ride? How good a cook are you? and can you Get a pie to DG before he gets another bike?

Welcome to the forum- and hope we don't offend too much. Rain is not too bad here but it is made worse with the high winds we are experiencing. Temps not so bad at 40+ but Horizontal rain and wind chill makes it feel colder. Roll on Summer when we can get some warm rain- Or an extension to the hose pipe ban we still have.

centexwoody 01-13-07 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bud Bent
Welcome, crazylady. They've extended the ice storm warning here in the Dallas-Fort Worth area until Monday morning.

I'm nearly 200 miles south of BudBent so we're just getting rain and 50 degrees. Maybe ice if the temps drop lower tomorrow. School holiday on Monday but all the college students are coming back for spring semester so it could be a dangerous situation if half the state is iced up.

Welcome, crazylady, to a bunch of folks crazy about cycling! You can post a bio & pic to the Rogues Gallery or just give us some background info as you please.

Being 50+ers, we're always talking about the weather...:)

Monoborracho 01-13-07 04:15 PM

Welcome crazylady. I'm 100 miles west of Budbent. Just back in from a 12 mile ride...28 degrees and chill factor in the teens, roads wet but no ice yet. My coldest ride since college I think. A hard pedal out and then coasted back home on the wind.

BluesDawg 01-13-07 06:35 PM

Mid sixties and partly cloudy here in Georgia today. Did a great 55 miler. Seventies and cloudy for the next two days, then cooler and rainy. My trainer won't get much use at this rate.

What kind of pie did you bring. No matter what Dnvr says, it doesn't have to be blueberry (but it's just fine if it is).

Cassave 01-13-07 07:43 PM

Never broke 50 here in LA today. Did a very windy 80 mile loop to the Rose Bowl and never got warm.
Yeah, I know that sounds pitiful to you guys in the frozen north but this is LA, we're not really used to this.
Just wait till it's 118 F, you won't hear us complaining.

crazylady 01-13-07 07:58 PM

Hi back

I live in Lafayette, Indiana. Fun place. You nap for a week and still be up to date with everyone else.

crazylady

crazylady 01-13-07 08:01 PM

bentnail

I am the craziest of the crazylady's out there. if someone wanted to drive me nuts. we would already be there.

talk again

crazylady

crazylady 01-13-07 08:03 PM

I was suppose to bring pie? Dang nambit. I brought pi. (3.1415297...)

crazylady 01-13-07 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by stapfam
Where are you? What bike do you ride? How good a cook are you? and can you Get a pie to DG before he gets another bike?

Welcome to the forum- and hope we don't offend too much. Rain is not too bad here but it is made worse with the high winds we are experiencing. Temps not so bad at 40+ but Horizontal rain and wind chill makes it feel colder. Roll on Summer when we can get some warm rain- Or an extension to the hose pipe ban we still have.

I ride a recumbent trike. No balance for 2 wheels. My easy chair on wheels. DG never told what type of pie he wanted. Ok Sorry

Red Baron 01-13-07 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by crazylady
I was suppose to bring pie? Dang nambit. I brought pi. (3.1415297...)

Wow - you are Crazy!!! Lady!!!! (SAID IN JEST!! & Fun)

WRONG WRONG WRONG the engineer in me noticed. But I asssume you are smart, just not a good typist. :D :D :D :D :D :D

3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592...............infinity
Hmmm this better be right I'm thinking.........hmmmmmmm, yep Spock would agree with this.

fopianki 01-13-07 08:36 PM

I'm also trying to keep from molding in rainy/damp Indiana...and to top it off, I have my brand new bike sitting here in my office with about 7 miles of road time on it...what makes it worse is that I willingly moved here from So. Cal....stupid, stupid, stupid! Hey crazylady...did you ever ride RAIN? Frankp