Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Beware the Ides of March (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/277904-beware-ides-march.html)

John E 03-15-07 09:17 AM

Beware the Ides of March

Happy Ides of March, everyone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ides_of_March

maddmaxx 03-15-07 09:19 AM

Et tu John E

bcoppola 03-15-07 10:22 AM

This thread is irrelevant and off-topic.

However, I think one should beware of the Rides of March. Boy, it can get cold again real quick...

stapfam 03-15-07 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by bcoppola
This thread is irrelevant and off-topic.

However, I think one should beware of the Rides of March. Boy, it can get cold again real quick...

Have to agree. As I could never stand- or understand- Shakespeare, I think it should be changed to the Rides of March. So what have you got planned.

Trsnrtr 03-15-07 11:32 AM

That's the truth. It was mid-70s the last two days and mid-40s today.

WillisB 03-15-07 12:46 PM

Rides in the Ides can be fun and a blessing. We were teased with warmth the last three days, it is now snowing again.

bcoppola 03-15-07 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by stapfam
Have to agree. As I could never stand- or understand- Shakespeare, I think it should be changed to the Rides of March. So what have you got planned.

I rarely begin riding until April. Even then, I'm taking my chances. April is, after all, the cruelest month.

stapfam 03-15-07 03:28 PM

I rarely begin riding until April. Even then, I'm taking my chances. April is, after all, the cruelest month.

I kept riding all winter but it was a bit hard with the frost and rain and wind. In March over here we have Wind. April brings showers so You either get wet or learn to cycle backwards. Just like the rest of the year really.

maddmaxx 03-15-07 05:00 PM

:p

PAlt 03-15-07 07:19 PM

Let us all be grateful that on the Ides of March, our bikes are the "Vehicle" of choice. (Obscure Musical Reference)

Hardheadmandca 03-15-07 09:24 PM

A parked car got me today - on the Ides of March! On my lunch ride, after 16.5 miles, a little old lady opened her car door in front of me. I broke my right index finger very badly, and the corner of the door stabbed my upper arm deeply - almost to the bone and about 4” across.

I got 3 stitches inside and 11 on top.

scottogo 03-15-07 09:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hides of March

Louis 03-15-07 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Hardheadmandca
A parked car got me today - on the Ides of March! On my lunch ride, after 16.5 miles, a little old lady opened her car door in front of me. I broke my right index finger very badly, and the corner of the door stabbed my upper arm deeply - almost to the bone and about 4” across.

I got 3 stitches inside and 11 on top.

OUCH! Sorry to hear about that. I hope the police were called to issue her a citation.
I also hope her insurance is going to pay all the medical bills.

As stupid as this sounds...was there much damage to the bike?

Hardheadmandca 03-16-07 10:48 AM

Thank you. I swerved at the last second and seemed to have gotten the bike out of the way, jus not my body. The outside of the Shimano Pedal got some scratches but that seems like about all. It was a weird experience. Since I'm right handed, and all the damage was to my right arm and hand, it's making things challenging at work.

SaiKaiTai 03-16-07 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by PAlt
Let us all be grateful that on the Ides of March, our bikes are the "Vehicle" of choice. (Obscure Musical Reference)

[they'll] take you anywhere you wanna go... Ha! Not *that* obscure.

Pretty good, though, one obscure musical reference, one Willie the Shake quote and one from Elliot, as well.
What an erudite bunch we are :D