Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Great Day for Walk and Ride.

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Old 03-17-07, 04:03 PM
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts

About 70F. Almost too warm, but still nice.

After sharing lunch with my son, Andy, I walked besides him while he rode his 3 wheeler for 2.5 miles along the beautiful 67 mile long gravel surfaced 30 foot wide Highline Canal. He lives about 10 miles from us. Lots and lots of folks out - bicyclers, walkers, joggers. Then, my wife drove back while I rode back on the C-470, E470 trail, going up and down some nice hills.

What a great way to spend a Saturday pm.

Anyone else have such a great Saturday pm?

The cement surfaced C470 trail is at the bottom of this Denver Trails map:

Last edited by DnvrFox; 03-17-07 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-17-07, 04:21 PM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I have a friend that has a Daughter aged 14 that has mobility problems. Her father has just informed me that she is ready to go for a ride with me. She has got a Pashley Trike and fitted a seat to it- just like the Kiddies Car Seats, and Dad can no longer walk with her when she is on the trike. He now has to jog. So I am looking forward to my first ride with her in the Summer.

Alyce contracted Meningitis when she was 2 and I have watched her and the family grow up with the Mental and physical problems. She is now a young adult with a very strong mind of her own and I know it has been a wish of hers to ride with me ever since She came along in the Sag wagon when I did my 3rd ride on the South Downs way with one other rider. She got the sponsorship for that ride- with assistance from her dad, and she has always said that she wants to get up on the hills and ride with me. Only problem is that I do not fancy pushing a heavyweight up the hills so it might be a Local MUP ride for the first couple of trips out.

Hope I can get the riding in- and can only hope that there is not too much walking. I know it will be an enjoyable experience for me, and I just hope I can get Dad out on a bike aswell. Then he can do some of the pushing.

Spike Milligan
Old 03-17-07, 05:51 PM
feros ferio

Bikes: 1959 Capo Modell Campagnolo; 1960 Capo Sieger (2); 1962 Carlton Franco Suisse; 1970 Peugeot UO-8; 1982 Bianchi Campione d'Italia; 1988 Schwinn Project KOM-10;

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1384 Post(s)
Liked 1,294 Times in 819 Posts
We had perfect cycling weather in San Diego today -- misty, totally overcast, about 60F. Everyone hates me because I thrive on our normal "May gray" and "June gloom."

I always enjoy getting out and cruising on the Capo, but my mood turned somber when I passed the intersection of Pacific Coast Highway and Solana Vista Dr. in Solana Beach, where local cyclist Jeannie Franklin was killed this past week by a drunk driver.
Peugeot: 1970 UO-8, S/N 0010468
Bianchi: 1982 Campione d'Italia, S/N 1.M9914
Schwinn: 1988 Project KOM-10, S/N F804069