Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Anyone live in the Branson, MO area?

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-07, 09:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi folks, I'm going to be vacationing in Branson, MO in early July and I'd like to do some trail running and mountain biking. Does anyone know of any biking /running stores or clubs in the area I could contact to find out where the good trails are? Frankp
Old 06-03-07, 10:44 AM
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 3898 Post(s)
Liked 4,830 Times in 2,228 Posts
Terrierman hails from "SWMO". I don't think he's from Branson but in the general area. If he doesn't respond to this thread send him a PM. I spent 3 years in St. Louis but never got to the Las Vegas of Country Music.
Old 06-03-07, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1400 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm about halfway between Springfield and Branson. You want Busiek State Forest. Our property backs up to it. The Downhill bike shop in Branson can direct you there. Or you can find all about it on the 'net. Or you can PM me and I'll have the MTB riding son in the family fill you in on what he knows about it. He's also been over to the Chadwick area, but was not impressed with it as it is more geared to the ATV and motorcycle trail riding crowd. There are also some pretty popular MTB trails north of Springfield, but from what I hear, they all get in line behind Busiek.