Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Health Report - 65+ (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/306964-health-report-65-a.html)

DnvrFox 06-07-07 06:20 PM

Health Report - 65+

Health Report - 65+ Well, actually 67+

Physical this week.

BP - 128/78

Blood work all normal

Prostate has shrunk

Cholesterol (no meds)

total - 182
Tri - 70
HDL - 50
LDL - 118

Doc wants me to get a "Rapid Heart Scan" with "coronary scoring" just to be sure (no symptoms). Although it is covered by insurance, the copay is $200 and the scan is $195. How did they know?

I'm happy!

Red Baron 06-07-07 06:22 PM

Dang - I'd be happy with numbers like that!! Way to Go!!!!!

MichiganMike 06-07-07 06:50 PM

I am not anywhere near 67 and I'd be happy with those numbers. Must be the "mile high" air. Way to go.

The Weak Link 06-07-07 06:52 PM

How many miles a week do you average on the bike?

I never thought I'd see "smiles per mile" quantified but I'd say you did.

card 06-07-07 07:21 PM

GREAT. Mines next month. Hope to do as well!!!!

Jet Travis 06-07-07 07:27 PM

Bravo, Foxy. Can't wait til I'm your age so I can be as healthy as you are.

Beverly 06-07-07 07:50 PM

Nice checkup, Dnvr!!

DnvrFox 06-08-07 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by The Weak Link
How many miles a week do you average on the bike?

I never thought I'd see "smiles per mile" quantified but I'd say you did.

I try to exercise in some form or other at least 1 hour per day, but when I ride the bike it is generally at least 2 hours. I don't worry a lot about the mileage. Otherwise I walk, ride the trainer, and I do weight lifting.

BSLeVan 06-08-07 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by DnvrFox
... the copay is $200 and the scan is $195. How did they know?

It's a well thought out and executed conspiracy. Good numbers, way to live!

wrafl 06-08-07 06:28 AM

Had my chek up the other day and doc told me everything looks good, BP 116/76, lab work normal except for one test, which is slightly elevated but need not worry since it can be expected of someone with one less organ. Instead of bi annual check up, he told me I would see him next year but before I left, he ordered chest x-ray. Waited for 2 hours to get X ray along with 25 others or so with few waiting for their turn since 9:00 AM. I said to the guy next to me, this don't make sense if my doc won't see me until next year why would he order x-ray while I wait for 2 hours or so for my turn. I need to get out of here before I acquire something from other patients wearing mask. A 1 1/2 hour appointment that day could have been an all day affair so I strolled out and promise to come back for x -ray next week after my other appointment. So does that make any sense at all? I need your thoughts.

DnvrFox 06-08-07 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by wrafl
Had my chek up the other day and doc told me everything looks good, BP 116/76, lab work normal except for one test, which is slightly elevated but need not worry since it can be expected of someone with one less organ. Instead of bi annual check up, he told me I would see him next year but before I left, he ordered chest x-ray. Waited for 2 hours to get X ray along with 25 others or so with few waiting for their turn since 9:00 AM. I said to the guy next to me, this don't make sense if my doc won't see me until next year why would he order x-ray while I wait for 2 hours or so for my turn. I need to get out of here before I acquire something from other patients wearing mask. A 1 1/2 hour appointment that day could have been an all day affair so I strolled out and promise to come back for x -ray next week after my other appointment. So does that make any sense at all? I need your thoughts.

Strange to me. Likely the doc just wanted to double check on the chest x-ray - the results will be sent to him, I assume, and he would let you know of any problems,

25 folks!!

There must be other radiology places you can go?

wrafl 06-08-07 06:35 AM

25 folks!!

There must be other radiology places you can go?[/QUOTE]

I agree there are better places to go for x-ray but when you depend on free public health care (VA), you just have to wait for your turn until called.