Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

She cares....

Old 06-20-07, 04:28 AM
cranky old dude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
She cares....

So Father's day has come and gone and we've gotten our phone calls from our out of town kids.
Yesterday I advanced yet one year deeper into 50+ territory. The phone rings at 9:45 PM and it's my daughter calling from California to wish me a Happy Birthday. Two personal calls in three days to wish me well on days that are special to me, from my 21 yr. old who's only been in California for a couple of weeks. Now this kid is learning a new job, learning her way around and each time I've talked to her she's sounded exhausted (a side effect she's discovered of having a job), yet she made the extra effort to place the calls.

I guess we often don't realize how much our children really love us until they've moved away.....I think we'll have to pack up a really nice care package to send to her.
Old 06-20-07, 04:33 AM
stevesurf
another cat...FAB!

Bikes: Merlin Ti Build, Trek Y-50, Bianchi Titanium Build, Custom Cuevas Road bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Great story! A suitable gift might be a new road bike
Old 06-20-07, 05:44 AM
Baroque
Life in the Slow Lane

Bikes: Giant, Iron Horse, Shogun

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cranky old dude
I guess we often don't realize how much our children really love us until they've moved away.....I think we'll have to pack up a really nice care package to send to her.
The kids don't often realize themselves how much they'll miss their parents, until they've flown the nest. Your daughter sure will appreciate the care package!

Ally
Old 06-20-07, 05:49 AM
BSLeVan

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There is much for which one can be thankful. This would be near or on the top of the list.
Old 06-20-07, 10:36 AM
smoore

Bikes: Primary ride now a LOOK 585-Love it.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I recieved my own phone calls....it's hard and fun to see them grow up. Can't wait for the day that they'll be financially independent.