Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   What Region Of Usa Are You Located? (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/314017-what-region-usa-you-located.html)

DnvrFox 06-26-07 05:29 AM

What Region Of Usa Are You Located?

It has been suggested we have regional get togethers.

TO WHICH REGION OF USA COULD YOU EASILY TRAVEL FOR A 50+ GET-TOGETHER?

OK, if we wanted to have "regional" get togethers, to which city are you closest? How far would you go to a get-together?

I've listed some major cities in the US of A. Sorry if I missed yours. There are only 10 choices available on a poll. If you have another suggestion, please list it below. Stapfam, you will have to handle Europe!

maddmaxx 06-26-07 05:42 AM

There is a lot of country northeast of Washington! How about Boston?

DnvrFox 06-26-07 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by maddmaxx

OK - a vote for Boston. I wish there were more than 10 choices available in a poll. There were a LOT of areas I had to leave out!

tlc20010 06-26-07 05:53 AM

I voted for DC cause I live here, but would also do about any place within a day's drive, assuming such a gathering involved some riding: most of New England, NY, PA, eastern OH, eastern KY, eastern TN, NC, Va, WVa, MD, DE, NJ. If what we have in mind is just pie, beer, BS, and the like, I would try to make it anywhere that has good flight schedules from DC.

This is a great idea, Herr Fox

Beverly 06-26-07 06:07 AM

I only voted for Chicago because it's the closest.

tpelle 06-26-07 06:12 AM

I only voted for Nashville because it's closest. Hey Beverly, how about lobbying to have Cincinnati added to the list?

Beverly 06-26-07 06:14 AM

I'm not real anxious to drive in Boston again. You all have some crazy traffic rules....driving on the berm of the road, etc. It's like bumper cars coming out of the airport. No wonder the rental company didn't care how many dents were already in my rental car. On the other hand maybe I'll meet up with a couple of those drivers who scared the crap out of me and I can repay their kindness:D :D :D

Another annoying thing was the young man at the service station didn't know where the "pop" machine was located;)

DnvrFox 06-26-07 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by tpelle
I only voted for Nashville because it's closest. Hey Beverly, how about lobbying to have Cincinnati added to the list?

Add anything you might like. That is the purpose. There are only 10 options available. SO we need all the suggestions we can get.

One vote for Cincinnati.

Beverly 06-26-07 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by tpelle

That would be great. They have some fantastic hills in the Cincy area:D :D

HopedaleHills 06-26-07 06:36 AM

Voted for DC, but also Boston or NYC would do.

Terrierman 06-26-07 06:43 AM

How about Kansas City, the city closest to the geographic center of the U.S. (lower 48)?

maddmaxx 06-26-07 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Beverly

That's it!@#$ I want to change my vote to Key West.

rm -rf 06-26-07 07:04 AM

Here's a nice route we did last Sunday, east of Cincinnati. It's marked with spray paint at all the turns. It's 40 miles, mostly flat, with some short 50-100 foot hills around Fayetteville. With the route marked, it's easy to break up into speed groups.

The page includes starting location and a route map:
Chili Ride Repeat

A Cincinnati route with hills and more hills can be arranged, too.

VegaVixen 06-26-07 07:20 AM

Hotlanta, or DC.

crtreedude 06-26-07 07:22 AM

Hey!!!! I think you need to go to a neutral country for this. :D I think Costa Rica might be a good choice. :rolleyes:

BluesDawg 06-26-07 07:25 AM

I voted Atlanta, but somewhere midway up the Atlantic coast would be good. Maybe in the mountains.

Speedo 06-26-07 07:31 AM

I'm not real anxious to drive in Boston again. You all have some crazy traffic rules....

What do you mean by "rules"? I thought traffic regulations were more in the nature of suggestions.

Speedo
(Boston Area)

VegaVixen 06-26-07 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by BluesDawg
I voted Atlanta, but somewhere midway up the Atlantic coast would be good. Maybe in the mountains.

NC mountains! :beer:

zymans 06-26-07 07:34 AM

Is SAN DIEGO not an important city anymore? Or are you avoiding it because DG lives here? :rolleyes:

maddmaxx 06-26-07 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by crtreedude
Hey!!!! I think you need to go to a neutral country for this. :D I think Costa Rica might be a good choice. :rolleyes:

Too late, I read your post in the other forum about how your roads are made.

Somehow I can't see WL posting "I jumped a snake today"

freeranger 06-26-07 08:13 AM

Another vote for Cincy area. Here's a trail suitable for anyone that could make it:
http://www.traillink.com/TL_Active_P...AS%5FLength%3D

crtreedude 06-26-07 08:18 AM

Too late, I read your post in the other forum about how your roads are made.

Somehow I can't see WL posting "I jumped a snake today"

Where is your sense of adventure - jumping a snake is a lot easier than jumping a chicken!

Beverly 06-26-07 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by rm -rf
Here's a nice route we did last Sunday, east of Cincinnati. It's marked with spray paint at all the turns. It's 40 miles, mostly flat, with some short 50-100 foot hills around Fayetteville. With the route marked, it's easy to break up into speed groups.

The page includes starting location and a route map:
Chili Ride Repeat

A Cincinnati route with hills and more hills can be arranged, too.

I did the Chili Ride earlier this year. A nice ride except for the winds this year.

There's also the Little Miami Scenic Trail for people who aren't especially fond on hills.

Digital Gee 06-26-07 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by zymans
Is SAN DIEGO not an important city anymore? Or are you avoiding it because DG lives here? :rolleyes:

Finally, someone had the courage to say it. Yes, let's meet in San Diego. Bring your white bikes! :D

crtreedude 06-26-07 08:38 AM

What, that we are avoiding SD because you live there? ;)