Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Soon, I'll know if I'm a 60 yr old stud---or dud (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/315431-soon-ill-know-if-im-60-yr-old-stud-dud.html)

card 06-29-07 05:48 PM

Soon, I'll know if I'm a 60 yr old stud---or dud

Ok, I know, I live in Texas----the world thinks Texas is flat--------however-------the hills around here look pretty tall to me. After I've climbed them, they FEEL pretty ********* tall. Some are long, some are short.

I bought a Garmin 305 w/cadence and heartrate. I'm tech challenged----dumb ***----when it comes to technology. If I can figure out how to make it work, I'll be able to know what the grade of the "mountains" here is.

If I'm a stud, wait for further news,

if I'm a dud...............................................

:cry:

The Weak Link 06-29-07 06:57 PM

Well....

....................................................................OK.

Old School 06-29-07 07:08 PM

Did you hear that sound??

Someone call the IT department... we have a tech-challenged rider here!

card 06-29-07 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by The Weak Link
Well....

....................................................................OK.

sir: fortunately, in the USA, we are innocent until proven guilty.:) ; however, there are times in our lives when the truth hurts--kinda like riding a white bike.:D

Tom Bombadil 06-29-07 07:21 PM

A Garmin 305 determines if you are a stud???

It used to be more fun when women did that.

card 06-29-07 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil
A Garmin 305 determines if you are a stud???

It used to be more fun when women did that.

At my age, I've graduated to bikes and grade on hills. Just wait, age is the great equalizer that will even strike the great "Tom Bombidil"---------it may have already struck after seeing your new avatar today.:D

CrossChain 06-29-07 08:01 PM

For $14.95 at OSH, I got a stud finder that bleeps and blinks when it runs across a stud. Sounds cheaper than a Garmin. Then again, my ex could find them for free.

oilman_15106 06-29-07 08:11 PM

Texas is a BIG state and some of it, as in the panhandle, is flat as it gets.

Digital Gee 06-29-07 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by CrossChain
For $14.95 at OSH, I got a stud finder that bleeps and blinks when it runs across a stud. Sounds cheaper than a Garmin. Then again, my ex could find them for free.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

card 06-29-07 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Digital Gee
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

OK

I'm a dud.

Sorry for the thread.:cry:

Tom Bombadil 06-29-07 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by CrossChain
For $14.95 at OSH, I got a stud finder that bleeps and blinks when it runs across a stud.

Tried using one of those once, but it went off everytime I got near it.

Jet Travis 06-29-07 08:39 PM

"You not bike rider, you nobody." — famed bicycle coach Eddie B

"You 50+ bike rider, you stud." --No-named cyclist Jet Travis

card 06-29-07 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jet Travis
"You not bike rider, you nobody." — famed bicycle coach Eddie B

"You 50+ bike rider, you stud." --No-named cyclist Jet Travis

Thank you.!!!!!!!

VegaVixen 06-30-07 07:39 AM

That's the only thing I hate about my 305. It tells the ugly truth, whether I want to hear it or not! :mad:

OP, you'll need to report to NC at once for a stud/dud test. Bring the Moots. :D <hopin' it's a 55-56>

Digital Gee 06-30-07 10:04 AM

I've got women LINED UP to testify that I'm a stud. I don't need no stinkin' Garmin... :D

Beverly 06-30-07 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Digital Gee
I've got women LINED UP to testify that I'm a stud. I don't need no stinkin' Garmin... :D

What does this Garmin do for women? Can it be used as a stud finder instead of a stud gauge? I don't remember reading anything about this feature in my manual. Maybe I need to pull it out and reread the instructions.......

VegaVixen 06-30-07 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Beverly
What does this Garmin do for women? Can it be used as a stud finder instead of a stud gauge? I don't remember reading anything about this feature in my manual. Maybe I need to pull it out and reread the instructions.......

My Garmin has a feature that alerts me to pseudo-studs. It's called average speed. :D

The Weak Link 06-30-07 06:24 PM

Well there's this joke about a guy who was granted one wish and begged to be made a stud, and found himself on the underside of a snow tire.

VegaVixen 06-30-07 09:42 PM

:roflmao:

:eek:

Urm. Ohhh. How very sad indeed. :(

Camilo 07-01-07 12:14 AM

Read this book: http://www.clearwaterherbs.com/B_POLLEN.html

Jet Travis 07-01-07 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Camilo

Lock up your wimmen-folk. The hive is abuzz with the rumor that DG and CrossChain just bought a couple of truckloads of bee pollen.