Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Road my Age x2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/324780-road-my-age-x2.html)

Sandwarrior 07-24-07 03:26 PM

Road my Age x2

My face is stiff from all the dried salt and my clothes are covered in sweat stains. I got stung three times coming around Cherry creek reservoir and in the last 20 miles I managed to do something to my knee. I have an ice bag on it, but all in all not a bad trip.

102.23 miles
6:55:36 Hours
avg speed 14.6

I am going to celebrate with a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat Beer, and some watermelon.

tlc20010 07-24-07 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sandwarrior (Post 4921681)
My face is stiff from all the dried salt and my clothes are covered in sweat stains. I got stung three times coming around Cherry creek reservoir and in the last 20 miles I managed to do something to my knee. I have an ice bag on it, but all in all not a bad trip.

102.23 miles
avg speed 14.6

I am going to celebrate with a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat Beer, and some watermelon.

Man, you have earned the right to celebrate any way you choose--good beer choice, by the way. That is one great 7 hour ride! You left out two things--pictures and.......what type of pie are you going to have?

Hwy 40 Blue 07-24-07 03:59 PM

Way to go! Sand Warrior, indeed! How's that recumbent?

Hermes 07-24-07 05:28 PM

:beer:

DnvrFox 07-24-07 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sandwarrior (Post 4921681)

102.23 miles
avg speed 14.6

You got stung on our Denver area 50+ group ride, also. What's with the stinging? That is a pleasure which I have totally missed while bicycling.

Oh, by the way, you are a mad man. It is too hot today to ride at all, and here you go - 102 miles.

You blow me away!

Tom Bombadil 07-24-07 08:07 PM

If you were nearby, I'd buy you a round!

Terrierman 07-24-07 08:19 PM

Great ride, how did the shower feel? Few things better for this one. Nice beer choice too by the way.

Chaco 07-24-07 09:04 PM

Congrats to you, Sandwarrior. That's one hell of an accomplishment!

Sandwarrior 07-25-07 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Hwy 40 Blue (Post 4921945)
Way to go! Sand Warrior, indeed! How's that recumbent?

The bike is doing fine, although I think I broke another spoke. I hit a pot hole so hard that I actually threw the chain off of my lower idler.:eek:

Sandwarrior 07-25-07 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by DnvrFox (Post 4923069)
You got stung on our Denver area 50+ group ride, also. What's with the stinging? That is a pleasure which I have totally missed while bicycling.

Oh, by the way, you are a mad man. It is too hot today to ride at all, and here you go - 102 miles.

You blow me away!

Since they keep getting me in the same spots along my Lats, I can only surmise that they are getting sucked up my loose shirt sleeve and then down my back. So I guess I will actually have to break down and buy a jersey or two.

Sandwarrior 07-25-07 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Terrierman (Post 4923814)
Great ride, how did the shower feel? Few things better for this one. Nice beer choice too by the way.

The shower felt great, although not as good as just walking in the door to an air conditioned house :D.

Sandwarrior 07-25-07 11:28 AM

I will post the pictures just as soon as I can get them small enough to fit the Forums standards for size. I have them loaded to shutterfly, and in order to share them I need e-mail adresses. I am going to check out photobucket and see if its a little easier to share them that way.