Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Bananas

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-07, 08:00 AM

Bikes: More than I really should own.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Bananas

Well I finally have a Saturday riding partner here in Smallville America, even if he is 10 years younger than me. We've gone together for 25 miles the last two Saturdays, riding a hilly route, with a tacquito stop on the way home.

Last Saturday he's carrying a banana in his pocket, which always makes me laugh. Why do I laugh? Because it always reminds me of a funny story.

Picture this.....USAF.....back in the day.....class room prior to first flight in the T-37. Everyone knows this will be the start of aerobatics and you just hope to make it through the first flight without throwing up. A buddy of mine, current Major General, we'll call him RD to protect the innocent..asks what kind of breakfast to eat prior to flight?

The instructor tell him "bananas"!

"Is that for the vitamins and potassium?" asks RD.

"No, that's because they taste about the same coming up as they do going down" replies the instructor.

I always think of that story whenever I see a banana.