Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

speaking of pie

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

speaking of pie

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-07, 05:59 AM
rck

Bikes: cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
speaking of pie

It's now 6:58am at least according to my computer. Skipper and I are leaving for Irma's at 0800hrs sharp, (more or less)anyone interested in joining us feel free. Dress for dense fog and damp later to turn into God only knows! Oh! and bring water wings as its been a bit wet here of late.
Old 08-25-07, 06:02 AM
Banned.

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by rck
It's now 6:58am at least according to my computer. Skipper and I are leaving for Irma's at 0800hrs sharp, (more or less)anyone interested in joining us feel free. Dress for dense fog and damp later to turn into God only knows! Oh! and bring water wings as its been a bit wet here of late.
Standby, I am on my way.

OK, I have my bibs on, and am heading down the Parker Trail. When I get to Kansas, I will give you a holler!

Last edited by DnvrFox; 08-25-07 at 06:18 AM.
Old 08-25-07, 06:08 AM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Don't forget the pics for those that cannot make it.

Just finished work and the lawn needs cutting so I'll give it a miss.

Spike Milligan
Old 08-25-07, 12:51 PM
rck

Bikes: cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Stapfam,
I should have been cutting the lawn but I figure it will just grow back, so why bother? Todays pie was fresh apple-blackberry and yes it was good. For pics-if you go back in the archives(search Irma's) you will find some of the original pics. Skipper was going to bring his camera today, but you know how it is when your old-he forgot.
Denver, take your time as we will next ride to Irmas for my birthday ride in Sept.
Old 08-25-07, 01:25 PM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
RCK has just reminded me- Just in case any of you do not realise- Or perhaps you do not understand the significance- But Many moons ago- we all found that we had a common affinity with something other than cycling. Perhaps it is cycle related but that other affinity- is Pie. It became apparant that most of us- there were a few that did not approve- most of us were combining our bike rides with a slice of pie. Then came the debate as to what was the best pie. No real conclusion as to this due to the different fruits available at different times and the availability in certain parts of the world. We all started posting our favourite pies at our favourite eating spots- and many of us posted pics of the same. To be honest- It was mostly ordinary pie at ordinary Cafe's.

Then it happened- RCK told us about his cafe and the pies they served. The variety was tremendous and the when he posted pics- We all decided-There was no other pie to have. Irma's Pies are mouthwatering to look at and the range available is fantastic. Unfortunately- for the majority- we can only dream of what those pies are like- but it was generraly approved- That Irma's was going to be the Virtual Cafe of the 50+ Group on BF.

So we now had a Clubhouse. Even if the only lucky ones to visit it are very few in number. So if some of you are still wondering what the Significense of pie is on this forum- Either take a trip to Irma's- Or Follow RCK's example and go there for a slice of pie. Or watch this space for Pictures of what must be the Best Pie in the Cycling world.

For one of the early threads regarding Irma's- see the following---

https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...light=Irma%27s

Spike Milligan

Last edited by stapfam; 08-25-07 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-25-07, 04:00 PM
Banned.

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by rck
Denver, take your time as we will next ride to Irmas for my birthday ride in Sept.
I was there but you had already left. I took a left at Des Moines and headed up northeast to Irma's. Mmmmmm - that was good pie!
Old 08-26-07, 07:08 AM
Bent Ryder

Bikes: Bachetta Agio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
Standby, I am on my way.

OK, I have my bibs on, and am heading down the Parker Trail. When I get to Kansas, I will give you a holler!

I started out a bit ahead of you DNVR, I'll wait for you at the Kansas border restop on 70 (if your going that way)