Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Rode my Age +8 today (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/340401-rode-my-age-8-today.html)

cranky old dude 09-04-07 04:52 PM

Rode my Age +8 today

Day after Labor Day and the roads were peacefull, the parks were empty
and Cranky was rollin'.

64 Miles. I guess that also qualifies as a metric century.

Happy Trails

card 09-04-07 06:10 PM

Congrats!!!!!!!!

Maybe the cranky refers to your bicycle, but 56 is still a kid.:D

What are you going to do when you reach puberty**********???:rolleyes:

rck 09-04-07 08:32 PM

Happy b-day cranky and congrats at surviving another year on the bike. Got mine coming up this month planning a metric myself. Can we credit the extra to next years ride?

tsl 09-05-07 10:06 AM

Great job! As I recall, around a month ago you were saying you hadn't done much riding and had lost your conditioning. Seems like you found it again.

BSLeVan 09-05-07 10:16 AM

Your post makes me think that there is a good trend to be started here. After every holiday the next day should be devoted to a nice, long bike ride! Cudos on a good ride.

cranky old dude 09-05-07 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by tsl (Post 5212754)
Great job! As I recall, around a month ago you were saying you hadn't done much riding and had lost your conditioning. Seems like you found it again.

Yup! We got back from Milwaukee on Thursday morning, and I went out Fri, Sat, Sun &
Mon. for 25 to 35 mile rides. Big picnic at the neighbor's Mon afternoon...ate a lot of
Potato salad and pasta salad. Decided Tue was the right time to take a serious ride.
It felt great !!!!! It's amazing how fast a body can be conditioned if one is stubborn
enough!!!!

I wanted to train for a century, but I think life is going to get in the way...I've used up most
of my Vacation time.

speedlever 09-05-07 11:53 AM

I rode my age today... 56 miles... a personal best. And just rolled 200 miles on the new bike today. I've had it a week and have been able to get out 5 times on it.

I don't know how some of you roll up the miles like you do and still put in a regular work week not to mention have family time too. I've been fortunate to have a pretty light work load lately and have been able to take a lot of time during the day while everyone is gone to work and school.

I'm gonna take advantage of the situation as long as I can!

Yen 09-05-07 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by speedlever (Post 5213464)
I don't know how some of you roll up the miles like you do and still put in a regular work week not to mention have family time too. I've been fortunate to have a pretty light work load lately and have been able to take a lot of time during the day while everyone is gone to work and school.

I don't know either... I wish we had long stretches of road without a lot of cars and could just go out and ride 10 or more miles out and back without a lot of traffic. What a difference that would make. But I'll take whatever I can get.

Congratulations to both of you!

guybierhaus 09-05-07 06:10 PM

Outstanding!! Great job. Way to go!

Sandwarrior 09-05-07 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by speedlever (Post 5213464)
I don't know how some of you roll up the miles like you do and still put in a regular work week not to mention have family time too.

For me its fairly easy on the "day shift" weeks. I work a Panama schedule, so I get at least 2 days off a week, in the middle of the week. I get out and ride early on those days, while the wife is at work, and the GrandDaughter is at school. Then its home to Honeydos and other household chores to help keep the peace. I also commute to work as often as I can, 11 miles one way if I go the long route. On my 3 day weekends, I get the rides in early again so i can be home when the wife gets up.

Congratulations on a great ride! :beer: