Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   This is Funny! (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/341133-funny.html)

deraltekluge 09-07-07 01:24 PM

No Joke: Sense of Humor Declines With Age

A new psychology study at Washington University was no laughing matter: It found that older adults may have a harder time getting jokes because of an age-related decline in certain memory and reasoning abilities.

The research suggested that because older adults may have greater difficulty with cognitive flexibility, abstract reasoning and short-term memory, they also have greater difficulty with tests of humor comprehension.

maddmaxx 09-07-07 01:39 PM

A crack in the stem of your Cervelo is not funny!

And there's nothing with my cognitive reasoning, abstract flixibility and........wait one, I've got to go back and reread your post.........

megaman 09-07-07 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Big Paulie (Post 5226759)
Are any of these women the wife in question?

http://copenhagengirlsonbikes.blogspot.com/

Just askin' ...

Some gal on a bike was wearing high heals. Wow!

solveg 09-07-07 05:07 PM

Eeeew. I always think those candid camera shots are creepy. I keep thinking about the guy taking the photos... some peeping tom with his spy camera in a fake bagel.

Red Baron 09-07-07 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Big Paulie (Post 5226132)
"My bad" all the way, Hoss. I should have more clear about my intended sarcasm which was not directed at you. I apologize for the bad feelings I generated with my poorly concieved post.

:o:o:o

The joke was very funny, and perfectly suited for this forum...which of course makes it a prime candidate to either removal or transfer to some other forum.

Why not post your response anyway...it's probabaly great!

Same here!!!!!:) F'em if thay can't take a joke.:D

solveg 09-07-07 05:25 PM

This is funny: Some guy turned 100 here in the Twin Cities. They asked him what his secret to longevity was and he said, "Mind your own business and hard work."

Big Paulie 09-07-07 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by solveg (Post 5229142)
Eeeew. I always think those candid camera shots are creepy. I keep thinking about the guy taking the photos... some peeping tom with his spy camera in a fake bagel.

Do we know for a fact that the photogs are guys? Couldn't they be equally creepy women?:eek:

Kurt Erlenbach 09-07-07 08:57 PM

I hadn't read this thread before. Who's the stick-in-the-mud who took it down? That is a great story.

solveg 09-07-07 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Big Paulie (Post 5230339)
Do we know for a fact that the photogs are guys? Couldn't they be equally creepy women?:eek:

LOL! Not Likely! What was the name of that guy who would skooch next to Carol Burnett on the park bench? That's* the guy with a camera in his bagel.

hoss10 09-07-07 09:31 PM

Well it goes like this.
1. :DPosted joke.
2. :eek:Read post taking offense at joke.
3. :mad:Edit post removing said joke. (it was late, I was tired and a little grumpy)
4. :rolleyes:Recieved PM explaining post taking offense was a sarcastic response to other posts being moved.
5. :oSaw the sarcasm which I had completely missed. (I can be a litle thick at times, just ask my wife).
6. ;)All was explained by "offended resonder"
7. :pHad some fun with the thread.
8. :)Ate pie and went to bed.

Later Hoss

Big Paulie 09-07-07 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by solveg (Post 5230495)
LOL! Not Likely! What was the name of that guy who would skooch next to Carol Burnett on the park bench? That's* the guy with a camera in his bagel.

Artists are so misunderstood...

Big Paulie 09-07-07 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by solveg (Post 5229238)
This is funny: Some guy turned 100 here in the Twin Cities. They asked him what his secret to longevity was and he said, "Mind your own business and hard work."

Minding my own business and working hard are the two least likely things for me to accomplish on a given day. :eek:

No wonder my life is such a mess... :o

gew0419 09-08-07 01:07 PM

Huh?

deraltekluge 09-08-07 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by solveg (Post 5230495)

You're thinking of Tyrone F. Horneigh (Arte Johnson) and Gladys Ormphby (Ruth Buzzi) on Laugh-In, I think. In a typical exchange, Tyrone would accost Gladys and ask, "Do you believe in the hereafter?" Gladys would respond, "Of course I do!" Delighted, Tyrone would shoot back, "Then you know what I'm here after!" and Gladys would whack him with her purse.

solveg 09-08-07 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by deraltekluge (Post 5234092)
You're thinking of Tyrone F. Horneigh (Arte Johnson) and Gladys Ormphby (Ruth Buzzi) on Laugh-In, I think. In a typical exchange, Tyrone would accost Gladys and ask, "Do you believe in the hereafter?" Gladys would respond, "Of course I do!" Delighted, Tyrone would shoot back, "Then you know what I'm here after!" and Gladys would whack him with her purse.

Oh! yes! It was Laugh-in! You bet your bippy it was. Was his name really Horneigh??? :D Did you remember that or did you have to look it up?

megaman 09-08-07 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by solveg (Post 5234100)
Oh! yes! It was Laugh-in! You bet your bippy it was. Was his name really Horneigh??? :D Did you remember that or did you have to look it up?

So, just how is "Horneigh" pronounced? ;)

Digital Gee 09-08-07 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by megaman (Post 5234476)
So, just how is "Horneigh" pronounced? ;)

I think it rhymes with bootay...

LastPlace 09-08-07 08:49 PM

Guy walks into a bar and sees the piano being played by a 12" tall pianist and is just awestruck. The little guy is running back and forth on the bench and pounding out song after song.

After he regains his composure he walks up to the bar and orders a beer and starts talking to the bartender and asks where the 12" tall pianist came from.

Got him from a Genie says the bartender.

Where's the genie says the patron?

In the bottle on the shelf, comes the reply.

Can I borrow the Genie says the patron?

Too dangerous. Waaay too dangerous.

The patron leans over and grabs the bottle before he can be stopped and runs out the back door.

A few minutes later he stumbles back into the bar covered in blood and feathers.

Oh my God, I opened the bottle and the Genie pops out and asks if I want a wish granted and I said I wanted it to rain bucks. The next thing I know ducks are falling out of the sky. Hundreds and hundreds of the things. What a bloody mess.

The bartender looks over and says....do you really think I asked for a 12" pianist?