Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   I just bought the first bike that really fits me. (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/349534-i-just-bought-first-bike-really-fits-me.html)

FrankieQu 10-02-07 04:41 PM

I just bought the first bike that really fits me.

I have been riding a bicycle now for 2 years. I am 56 years old and I just bought a used Raliegh 21 Speed Supercourse. I am thrilled with the performance of this bicycle. I never had a real bike before this. I never had a bike before with a frame that really fits me. I know that I have a lot to learn and that there are better bikes down the road for me. But for the first time in my life, I have the thrill of real speed on a bicycle.

I just wanted to introduce myself, and to tell you all that I am a new enthusiast to your sport.

All the best...Frankie

DnvrFox 10-02-07 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by FrankieQu (Post 5377938)
I have been riding a bicycle now for 2 years. I am 56 years old and I just bought a used Raliegh 21 Speed Supercourse. I am thrilled with the performance of this bicycle. I never had a real bike before this. I never had a bike before with a frame that really fits me. I know that I have a lot to learn and that there are better bikes down the road for me. But for the first time in my life, I have the thrill of real speed on a bicycle.

I just wanted to introduce myself, and to tell you all that I am a new enthusiast to your sport.

All the best...Frankie

Welcome, and thanks for introducing yourself. A great bike fit is a wonderful thing. What kind of pie do you like? I hope it is blueberry!

tsl 10-02-07 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by FrankieQu (Post 5377938)
I just wanted to introduce myself, and to tell you all that I am a new enthusiast to our sport.

There. Fixed it for you. You're one of us now.

And welcome!

maddmaxx 10-03-07 04:48 AM

Welcome and enjoy the bike. Whole new worlds are about to open for you.

Sianelle 10-03-07 04:57 AM

Can't go wrong with a Raleigh :)

It's really nice finding that very first perfect fit honey of a bike.

Beverly 10-03-07 05:15 AM

Welcome!

I know how you feel about finding a good fitting bike....they just make it so much easier and enjoyable to ride:)

howsteepisit 10-03-07 08:02 AM

Welcome, and feel free to eat whatever kind of pie you like. You can look at some of the threads about PIE to understand the groups totally unnatural fascination with pie. Well, maybe not, as I still don't understand that. Anyway, A Hearty Welcome.

George 10-03-07 11:12 AM

Welcome Frankie, but I bet your not done buying yet, have fun.

FrankieQu 10-03-07 04:05 PM

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I will check out the pie thing and I will surely be buying more bicycles.
I have the advantage of good health and am fairly fit at the age of 56. I ride a bicycle more than I drive these days. My friends and co-workers think I'm eccentric. Oh well.
I have so much to learn. I am finally just starting to learn about the machines themselves. Incredible...and the price tags are also.
Thanks again friends...Frankie

Aikidoka 10-08-07 06:13 PM

when I read the 2nd line in your post I had deja vu. My first full size road bike was a Rudge with a Stronglight cotterless alloy crankset, my 2nd bike was a Raleigh Supercourse, what gorgeous bike that was to my eyes, an amazing green, chrome on forks and rear stays... Thanks for bringing me back to some happy days. I didnt care how it rode, I was a kid and would have ridden concrete if it was cool but as I remember it was a very nice ride.

Welcome, I am new to this forum as well.

enjoy

k