Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Another saddle position question

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-07, 06:52 AM
Road Runner

Bikes: 2017 Felt VR5, 2013 Specialized Crosstrail, 2020 Specialized Vado 4.0

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 21 Posts

I'm posting my own situation in a new thread so it doesn't get lost in the other one. My wife rides a Trek Navigator 100, so a basic "comfort bike" for casual riding. She's gotten used to having the seat at the correct height (which was higher than she was previously used to), and can tell the difference whenever that $#@% quick-release adjuster lets the post start sinking down.

Anyway, she mentioned that she feels like she's sliding forward on the seat a bit and asked if I could tilt the front up. But looking at it, the seat is now set perfectly level. So I was wondering if I should try sliding it forward a skosh and see if that fixes it up. According to what I've seen in other threads, that might be the way to go. Confirmed?
Old 10-11-07, 09:21 AM
Boomer

Bikes: Diamondback Clarity II frame homebuilt.

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 16098 Post(s)
Liked 1,457 Times in 1,064 Posts
Forward is one of the options. It is not uncommon however for a comfort bike to have the nose of the saddle slightly high.

The level saddle rule is optimized for the average bike. The comfort bike has a more upright riding position than "average".

"The code be more like guidelines than rules".....
Old 10-11-07, 12:31 PM
jcm
Gemutlichkeit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by maddmaxx
Forward is one of the options. It is not uncommon however for a comfort bike to have the nose of the saddle slightly high.

The level saddle rule is optimized for the average bike. The comfort bike has a more upright riding position than "average".

"The code be more like guidelines than rules".....
Concurrence.