Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Cycling Guru....

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Cycling Guru....

Old 10-13-07, 07:14 PM
The guy in the 50+ jersey

Bikes: Specialized S-Works Roubaix, Litespeed Tuscany Road, Specialized Allez Epic lugged carbon frame Road,Giant Anthem 29'r, Klein Hardtail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cycling Guru....

Well, as numerous others have done this year, I have a collected another ride for the stable, a Guru Carbonio road bike. After 8 years, figured it was time to dive in again. LBS made me a great deal on a build out on a 2006 frame they had that was my size. SRAM Force group, 50/34 compact crank, 12/27 rear cassette. Mavic Ksyrium SSC wheels, Speedplay Zero pedals (same as on the Litespeed Tuscany), weight without bottles & seat wedge, 16.5lbs., 3lbs lighter than the Litespeed. Took it out today for the first time, 40mi., carves corners, feels like it WANTS to climb hills. a bit slower on descents (but it's worth it on the climbs!). The seat will need to be swapped out (numbness NOT GOOD), but it feels great and my first impression is +1!!! I love the classic geometry and it's not a bike seen very often. When I posted on the road forum for opinions about Guru, got ZERO response, but found positive reviews and road one somebody locally had and loved it. Hope to find the Guru at the top of Mt. Mitchell and/or Grandfather Mountain next year!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Guruweb.jpg (83.5 KB, 41 views)
Old 10-13-07, 07:23 PM
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
That is a beautiful bike and Guru is one of the top up and coming bikes in the area. The gearing is perfect for Mitchell, Bridge and others as well. A great all 'round set of wheels as well. You'll be screaming up the hills now!
Old 10-13-07, 10:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sweet looking bike. I, too, like its reasonably classic lines. Many cf bikes, in the name of form following function, have tubes that look like they've been shot from a damaged frosting nozzle. I checked some reviews (yes, they're hard to find) and reviewers speak very highly of your bike. Many miles of velo pleasure to you both.
Old 10-14-07, 01:27 AM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jppe
That is a beautiful bike and Guru is one of the top up and coming bikes in the area. The gearing is perfect for Mitchell, Bridge and others as well. A great all 'round set of wheels as well. You'll be screaming up the hills now!
+1

Who cares about speed when gravity takes over. I lose more going up than coming down so anything to ride the hills with ease is always a bonus. Pity about the colour though- A black bike stands out better against a WHITE Garage door.

Great bike so enjoy.

Spike Milligan