Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

offline for a while

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

offline for a while

Old 12-03-07, 01:26 AM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
offline for a while

Some Pr*t has taken out the phone lines in my area big time by knocking down the control boxes- so I will not be able to get internet connection for a while. can still read postings at work but cannot post.

On top of that no ride the last 4 days. High winds and horizontal rain make it a bit dangerous.

Spike Milligan
Old 12-03-07, 05:06 AM
370H-SSV-0773H

Bikes: Merlin Fortius, Specialized Crossroads & Rockhopper, Serotta Fierte, Pedal Force RS2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- stay sane!

- i've been off the bike for a week... messed up my right knee on an 8-mile death march through a local flea market a week ago... with a bit of rest, i'm up for getting back into my daily 25-mile routine this morning... (WX forecast for high of 78F w/partly sunny conditions; tomorrow is high of 68F - a cold front!)

:-)
Old 12-03-07, 05:31 AM
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stapfam
Some Pr*t has taken out the phone lines in my area big time by knocking down the control boxes- so I will not be able to get internet connection for a while. can still read postings at work but cannot post.

On top of that no ride the last 4 days. High winds and horizontal rain make it a bit dangerous.
Oh no! I'll miss the pictures of those yummy foods you eat while riding

I haven't been on the bike this week. Too much rain, wind and work around the house.

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith
Old 12-03-07, 11:29 AM
Wheezing Geezer

Bikes: Bacchetta Corsa, RANS Stratus XP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dang, sorry to hear that, stapfam. I only managed 197 miles in the last week, myself.