Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Danger...bad trainer...bad

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Old 01-03-08, 03:45 PM
maddmaxx 
Small Member

Bikes: Diamondback Clarity II frame homebuilt.

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10547 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts

The other post was right, trainers are really dangerous........and I wasn't even riding.

I returned home from work this afternoon and my new Tri saddle was waiting. After quickly putting it on the bike I went to test the fit. As I stepped up onto the pedal to climb on the bike........pow, severe pain in the upper portion of the calf about 6 inches below the knee.

So here I sit, like Tom, immobolized with my leg at a 30 deg angle because it will bear very little weight.

I really hope this is just a cold muscle pull and it will go away in a day or so. Unlike DG I really hate to beg for sympathy.
Old 01-03-08, 04:19 PM
solveg
Squirrel

Bikes: 07 Rivendell Atlantis, 83 Schwinn Peloton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, 81 SR Touring Bike, 80's CCM,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
!!! How weird is that???

Hope it's gone in the morning....
Old 01-03-08, 04:29 PM
Hermes
Version 3.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 282 Post(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
RICE + Ibuprofin. RICE = rest, ice, compression and elevation. Also, may try some Tiger Balm (menthol).
Old 01-03-08, 05:34 PM
maddmaxx 
Small Member

Bikes: Diamondback Clarity II frame homebuilt.

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 10547 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
The worst part is that just briefly I got to sit on the new saddle, a Profile Designs Tri Stryke, and I knew that all my saddle problems on the TT bike were over. Now I have to stare at it without the trainer ride and wait.

Diagnosis, just a muscle pull. The pain has subsided with Ice and Advil to a dull brused feeling. Of corse the leg still will not support weight............I suppose I could call in sick and take tomorrow off..............hmmm. Nope...sick days are saved for rides..