Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   It's The End of March, Do You Know Where Spring Is? (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/401241-its-end-march-do-you-know-where-spring.html)

HopedaleHills 03-26-08 12:22 PM

It's The End of March, Do You Know Where Spring Is?

Just curious :(

crtreedude 03-26-08 12:29 PM

It is hiding out in the land of eternal spring - i.e. - here. Sorry for stealing it, but we kidnapped it and won't release it until our demands are met. :rolleyes:

Kurt Erlenbach 03-26-08 12:38 PM

It's here, too. I'm skipping out tomorrow afternoon to go to a spring trainng ball game.

Artkansas 03-26-08 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by HopedaleHills (Post 6408453)
Just curious :(

It's definitely here in Arkansas.

maddmaxx 03-26-08 12:50 PM

Spring has been canceled..................or cancelled.................depending on where you are. Summer and the upper 90's will be along presently.

Beverly 03-26-08 01:01 PM

The temperatures are beginning to feel like spring. We just need to get the rain and wind to shutoff:mad:

The 10 day forecast calls for 8 of them with rain:eek: Maybe I should have bought an ark instead of a bike.

SaiKaiTai 03-26-08 01:16 PM

Oh, I sure do :D

Might I remind you?
http://home.comcast.net/~96omi/Giant/North.jpg

oilman_15106 03-26-08 01:17 PM

My 2 year old granddaughter says it is hiding in the closet with the moon. She may be on to something.

crtreedude 03-26-08 01:19 PM

http://www.fincaleola.com/Nature%20s...Costa_Rica.jpg

Beverly 03-26-08 01:22 PM

That does it! You and SKT are on my list.....list of places to visit;)

Originally Posted by crtreedude (Post 6408849)

Red Rider 03-26-08 01:45 PM

Here where it belongs:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...omaMustard.jpg

BikeWNC 03-26-08 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by crtreedude (Post 6408849)

Better hope that volcano doesn't decide to erupt or your paradise will be toast. :p

BikeWNC 03-26-08 02:02 PM

Spring is here too. I did a nice 30 miles in mid 60 temps today. I really don't want it warmer than that. I'm already down to riding in a summer kit as is and I don't have much else to remove. :eek:

stapfam 03-26-08 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by BikeWNC (Post 6409102)
Better hope that volcano doesn't decide to erupt or your paradise will be toast. :p

Just look at the climb up that one- And just think of the downhill too.

And we had a warm spell over here at the beginning of March where I actually wore the fingerless gloves on a ride. Since then it has been back to the Goretex and the thermals.

Tom Bombadil 03-26-08 02:34 PM

Amazingly it is 49 here right now. The warmest day since Nov 17th. But tomorrow's high is predicted to be only 36 (with snow in the forecast), and 39 on Friday. No 50 degree days in our 10-day forecast through April 4th.

By April 4th, our average high will have climbed to 53. So it will have slowly climbed up past 45 to 48 to 50 to 53 over a period of about 3 weeks. Yet we still haven't had a single 50 degree day in the past 130 days.

Statistically this is almost impossible.

By this date in every other year I've been in Wisconsin, we've already had a 60 degree day. In most years there have been multiple 60 degree days by now. To think that we might get to April 5th or even the 10th before hitting 50 is very depressing.

Good thing I went to Florida and North Carolina this winter, or else I'd be bouncing off of walls by now.

I'm thinking of two weeks in Florida next January.

oilman_15106 03-26-08 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil (Post 6409345)
Amazingly it is 49 here right now. The warmest day since Nov 17th. But tomorrow's high is predicted to be only 36 (with snow in the forecast), and 39 on Friday. No 50 degree days in our 10-day forecast through April 4th.

By April 4th, our average high will have climbed to 53. So it will have slowly climbed up past 45 to 48 to 50 to 53 over a period of about 3 weeks. Yet we still haven't had a single 50 degree day in the past 130 days.

Statistically this is almost impossible.

By this date in every other year I've been in Wisconsin, we've already had a 60 degree day. In most years there have been multiple 60 degree days by now. To think that we might get to April 5th or even the 10th before hitting 50 is very depressing.

Good thing I went to Florida and North Carolina this winter, or else I'd be bouncing off of walls by now.

I'm thinking of two weeks in Florida next January.

I remember something about recommending retirement in Wisconsin?

Tom Bombadil 03-26-08 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by oilman_15106 (Post 6409441)
I remember something about recommending retirement in Wisconsin?

I wouldn't mind spending 8-10 months a year here at all. Great place to be. At 10 months you'd catch part of the winter, but that would be okay by me. I don't hate winter, I just don't like 5 month long winters. The last 5 years spoiled me, with shorter, milder winters.

cranky old dude 03-26-08 04:17 PM

Spring will be late April or early May here on the southern Lake
Ontario shore...or so it seems anyway. We still have to get past
our annual April snowstorm. :eek:

zonatandem 03-26-08 05:10 PM

Spring? Only 84 degrees at noontime.
Wildflowers/roses/irises/cacti blooming; no rain, windy, sunshine . . . Heck them's summer temps for some you folk!
First 100 degree day is 'bout 6 weeks away . . .

Pamestique 03-26-08 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by zonatandem (Post 6410347)
Spring? Only 84 degrees at noontime.
Wildflowers/roses/irises/cacti blooming; no rain, windy, sunshine . . . Heck them's summer temps for some you folk!
First 100 degree day is 'bout 6 weeks away . . .

Of course the AZ guy beat me to it. Here in California we've already hit Summer. This past weekend, well over 90 degrees and smoggy even along the beaches. We have had however, just about the most beautiful wild flower bloom (poppies, lupine, flax, phlox, yarrow, red maid, windmill pinks, fiddlenecks, phacelia, you name it... ). I'm just sad the hot weather is going to dry it all up. I have some nice photos I'll post later plus I am doing a wildflower hike tomorrow afternoon.

Also weird here in the southwest. We definitely have a fall and a winter but spring, fleeting and short, too short!!! Flower season starts in January and usually ends by April. Just in time for dry, hot heat, and everything turning brown. :(

CACycling 03-26-08 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by BCIpam (Post 6410467)
...smoggy even along the beaches.

Head north a bit (I guess technically it's north west) and you'll get away from the smog and the heat. We had one hot day (80s) but our highs have been mostly staying in the 60s and 70s. Winter wasn't too bad but there was that one day when I needed a light vest over my t shirt on an early morning ride.

Boudicca 03-26-08 06:07 PM

Hey, the forecast is above freezing for the rest of the week here -- during the day at least. Does that count?

Cone Wrench 03-26-08 06:23 PM

Above freezing during the day, below freezing at night - perfect maple syrup weather - the sap will be running.

Catweazle 03-26-08 06:38 PM

The calendar is skew-whiff. God's playing tricks on us. Southern hemisphere here, and the leaves are supposed to be starting to turn pretty colours, yet I've been riding sweating my **** off on 40C+ days recently!

stringbreaker 03-26-08 09:23 PM

Unbefreakinlievable its snowing here in the Puget sound region at near sea level. I tried to post pictures from photobucket but stupid window XP is doing weird things tonight will try tomorrow