Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   The wifes new Bike- Or her equivalent. (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/416058-wifes-new-bike-her-equivalent.html)

stapfam 05-08-08 02:14 PM

The wifes new Bike- Or her equivalent.

5 Attachment(s)
Some of you may realise that I have finally turned into a roadie. Taken just on 2 years for me to admit it- but as the mountain bike has only been out twice this year- I think I can say I have gone over to the Dark Side. Unfortunately it is currently Pay back time. I got a new top rate bike last June. In August the wife got the catalogues out and started looking for her new Toy. In November she ordered it and it got parked in the Garage. Boxes and boxes of it. So in December I got the second decent Bike.

Well in March I started to get the message that I will not be riding much this year unless I start building her next Garden Construction. Foundations had to go in- Tons of soil to move- tons of Sand to bring in and we came to an agreement. Well the wife did- Unless the pool is ready by the end of May- I will not be able to ride a bike due to some Extra Marital Activities with a Cricket bat.

Still a long way to go- but the pool is up and tonight is was finally filled. Plenty yet to do- Have to run a new Power supply down to it and all the plumbing to sort out and then there will be the prettying up with a small forest being cut down to supply the Decking.

So it looks as though I won't have to book the crutches to be able to get down to the bike shed To Look at the bikes.

And to get technical- this Pool cost more than my two bikes together- will cost almost as much again to complete and I will not be using it- Water has to be bath temperature for me to get in it.

maddmaxx 05-08-08 02:16 PM

This still comes as a surprise to you after how many years of marrage?

Monoborracho 05-08-08 02:24 PM

If you are beaten with a baseball bat (or in your case a cricket bat)....just remember....it feels good when they stop.

10 Wheels 05-08-08 02:39 PM

Pool photos require a female in a bathing suit.
Will wait for one. How do you heat the water?
Sunny 88* here today.

Jet Travis 05-08-08 02:44 PM

From the headline, I thought you might be getting the equivalent of a new wife. But why a man would want two wives is a bigamistery to me.

stapfam 05-08-08 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by 10 Wheels (Post 6660748)
Pool photos require a female in a bathing suit.
Will wait for one. How do you heat the water?
Sunny 88* here today.

Sunny and high 70's here. So Hopefully solar power direct from the Sun will help a lot. It is going to be an Electric heater- but we have a system over here where night time use is cheap----Very cheap. Heater and filtration will be done for 4 hours anight. And the female in the bathing suit-- Will have to get the right female.

Digital Gee 05-08-08 03:10 PM

I must have missed it. What's the date for the 50+ swim party / ride for the pie party at Stapfam's house?

stapfam 05-08-08 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Digital Gee (Post 6660926)
I must have missed it. What's the date for the 50+ swim party / ride for the pie party at Stapfam's house?

When I get off the Crutches. Just found out how much electricians Charge.

Louis 05-08-08 04:47 PM

When Mrs. S. and you have your first romantic moonlight swim, be sure to clue her in about "shrinkage".:o

divingbiker 05-08-08 06:29 PM

My sister and her husband have a similar pool. We've had many hours of enjoyment floating with rum punch in hand, after her grandkids have gone home for the day. Hope your wife enjoys hers as much!