Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Found a new home for my

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Found a new home for my

Old 05-12-08, 02:47 PM
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Found a new home for my

lawnmower.

Just like DG and his Fuji that went to the 12 year old, I set my pushmower that had the rings siezed up by the street for the trash man. I hardly got down to the end of the driveway before someone came by in a truck and picked it up.

Folks must be riding around looking for stuff like bikes and other collectibles**********????

What have you placed out there to find a new home????
Old 05-12-08, 03:08 PM
el padre

Bikes: Rans Stratus, ICE TRike, other assorted

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got a couple of speakers I am taking to Salvation Army. Maybe the curb would work just as good.
Old 05-12-08, 03:35 PM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Haven't got any 700c wheels lying about ?

Spike Milligan
Old 05-12-08, 03:36 PM
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
We've given lots of stuff to Goodwill in recent years.

Put out an old snowblower by the curb a couple of years back and it was gone when I got home that evening.

Hope to round up all of the bikes in our basement, left over from my daughter's teen-age years, and give them away this summer. There are 3 or 4, all older 3-speeds, like a Rampar.

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post
Old 05-12-08, 03:48 PM
Pedaled too far.

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Floyd
Got a couple of speakers I am taking to Salvation Army. Maybe the curb would work just as good.
DG's neighborhood is good. I used to live a mile or so from where he is. When I moved out, I pushed the huge couch out of the apartment and then tipped it end over end down the stairs and dragged it to the alley(about 9pm on Halloween). By the time I went back and got the cushions, a woman was looking at it and was delighted to see that it had cushions too. She took it all away.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.
Old 05-12-08, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
POS Huffy, treadmill with seized motor, cheap Wal-mart fan that didn't work half the time, bed frame with missing pieces, broken box springs, ....

Most disappeared within minutes.
Old 05-12-08, 04:59 PM
red bikes rule!

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
In my neighborhood, like DG's, I can put things at the curb and they'll be gone within an hour. I've "donated" a sofa, mattress & box spring, pots & pans, day lilies, and more that I can't think of. In a month or so when I get my new dining room chairs, there will be a table and 4 chairs available for some lucky person.

The key is to live in an moderate-income area where there are lots of apartments. People love free stuff.
Old 05-12-08, 05:37 PM
Old Fart Racing

Bikes: 2015 Trek Domane 6.9 disc D/A Di2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I must live in the wrong area...my neighbor put a computer desk out by the curb and it sat there for a week before code enforcement cited him for it.
Old 05-12-08, 06:58 PM
feros ferio

Bikes: 1959 Capo Modell Campagnolo; 1960 Capo Sieger (2); 1962 Carlton Franco Suisse; 1970 Peugeot UO-8; 1982 Bianchi Campione d'Italia; 1988 Schwinn Project KOM-10;

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1390 Post(s)
Liked 1,322 Times in 835 Posts
Someone took the UO-9 frame I left curbside.
Peugeot: 1970 UO-8, S/N 0010468
Bianchi: 1982 Campione d'Italia, S/N 1.M9914
Schwinn: 1988 Project KOM-10, S/N F804069
Old 05-12-08, 07:08 PM
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I placed some cement patio blocks on the curb for trash pickup. The next day after the trash run I still had a few of the blocks left. I called the trash company to ask why they didn't take all of them. The man chuckled and said they didn't take any of them because they didn't pick up cement. Seems someone came along, took what they needed and left the rest

I finally got rid of them by breaking them up and putting them in the trash.....don't tell me you won't pick them up The city finally changed trash pickup services as the previous one was just too picky.

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith
Old 05-12-08, 07:08 PM
The good looking one

Bikes: gary fisher, Schwinn Woodland

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We had our yearly bulk trash pick up this last week.I put out two computer with power cords,and a few extras, and two living room lights, all in good working condition.Went out a hour later with some other stuff.I found,all the cords was gone, but the ends was cut off, and laying on the ground.Looks like they was after the cooper in the power cords, but than the light and the computer just set there, till they came to pick them up with, the trash trucks. Din't know cooper was that much in demand

Last edited by Bikehead; 05-12-08 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-12-08, 08:10 PM

Bikes: '07 Trek Pilot 5.0, ~'92 Trek Navigator 400

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've gotten rid of quite a bit of stuff by putting it out by the curb. Old patio furniture, some indoor stuff, a cement dolphin fountain that weighed a TON (wife saw three guys lifting it into the back of a pickup), and all this in a pretty high end gated community. Everyone likes free stuff! Of course most of this stuff had worn out its welcome, but not really worn out, if you know what I mean.
Old 05-12-08, 08:28 PM
Roadkill

Bikes: 2002 Lightspeed Classic; 2010 Pedalforce RS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I put some cast iron drain pipe out that had broken and plugged and was still partially filled with the stuff for which drain pipes are intended. I was very very careful removing it not to spill the contents in or around the house. I wasn't real sure the city would take it, but I sure didn't want it.

Two hours later, it was gone, and it wasn't trash day.
Old 05-12-08, 08:44 PM
Old Fogy

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Old joke: Guy puts whatever on the curb with a sign saying "Free", a week later it's still there, changes the sign to say "50.00", gone overnight.
Old 05-12-08, 10:49 PM

Bikes: Flat bar road bike, trail bike and MTB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There does seem to be something going on. In past years I've had stuff sitting behind my car wash for weeks, and no takers. This year items sit for less then 24 hours and they are gone. Old VCR with note saying tracking is bad. Dehumidifier, which didn't work, left handed old cheap golf clubs, permanently dirty plastic chair, 4 qt. pot missing a handle, 13" TV. Hope it continues, I got lots of stuff to dispose of.