Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   OT--Deep, Dark Secrets (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/419628-ot-deep-dark-secrets.html)

Jet Travis 05-18-08 05:18 PM

OT--Deep, Dark Secrets

I was working out at the gym last night, and a Shania Twain song comes blasting out of the speakers. To my shock and horror, I actually liked the song. Thank you for allowing me to unburden myself by confessing this to you all.

Who's next?

Tom Bombadil 05-18-08 05:37 PM

I was in a hurry the other day and there is a McDonald's right next to where I park. I rarely eat there, but popped in and noticed they had a new item, the Southern Style Chicken sandwich. I tried it and must admit that I liked it - although it could have used a bit more seasoning.

Now that I have confessed, I still don't feel good about it.

maddmaxx 05-18-08 06:49 PM

Shania Twain and a McDonalds sandwich.......................................................This is not exactly AA stuff here. Can you picture a meeting. "Hi, My names Tom and I ate a chicken sandwich at McDonalds."

At least JT's hanging around the Gym at night trying to get into real trouble!

:notamused:

Red Rider 05-18-08 06:49 PM

I was listening to a local pop radio station and heard a catchy little tune, sang the chorus and thought it wasn't too bad...it was Miley Cyrus. :eek:

What happened to my discriminating taste in music? I want it back!

maddmaxx 05-18-08 06:52 PM

That'll be $500 for the ticket.

BluesDawg 05-18-08 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jet Travis (Post 6717540)
I was working out at the gym last night, and a Shania Twain song comes blasting out of the speakers. To my shock and horror, I actually liked the song. Thank you for allowing me to unburden myself by confessing this to you all.

Who's next?

It's not totally off topic. Shania reportedly is a Bag Balm user. :p

Monoborracho 05-18-08 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by maddmaxx (Post 6718026)
.....This is not exactly AA stuff here. Can you picture a meeting. "Hi, My names Tom and I ate a chicken sandwich at McDonalds."

Hi, my name is Mono, and I have two toes on my right foot that get numb after about 3 miles. There, I've confessed. I'm glad I came to this meeting of NTA (Numb Toes Anonymous).

And not like it's anyone's business, but a couple of times a month I go to McD at lunch, pick up a #2 meal (the two small cheeseburgers and fries) with a Diet Coke, and go home and eat in my recliner while watching the History Channel.

Condorita 05-18-08 07:37 PM

I have Sheb Wooley's "Purple People Eater" on my MP3 player. And "Badger Badger Badger" and "Llama Llama Duck" and the George of the Jungle theme song (the original cartoon one).

Tom Bombadil 05-18-08 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Condorita (Post 6718375)
I have Sheb Wooley's "Purple People Eater" on my MP3 player. And "Badger Badger Badger" and "Llama Llama Duck" and the George of the Jungle theme song (the original cartoon one).

A real sicko has come forth!

Beverly 05-18-08 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil (Post 6717632)
I was in a hurry the other day and there is a McDonald's right next to where I park. I rarely eat there, but popped in and noticed they had a new item, the Southern Style Chicken sandwich. I tried it and must admit that I liked it - although it could have used a bit more seasoning.

Now that I have confessed, I still don't feel good about it.

I visited Mickey D's last week and I got a Happy Meal. I still haven't figured out what the toy was supposed to be. I gave it to one of the granddaughters when they were here a couple days ago.

luv2cruz 05-18-08 08:10 PM

I love Shania, I'm not ashamed, and she's split from Mutt, so she's available again. :)

And in 8 years, she can join our forum, too. Pretty hot for 42, huh?

Oh, and I eat ****er Grape peanut butter and jelly out of the jar. There, I've said it....

Retro Grouch 05-18-08 08:11 PM

Lets see - share my deep dark secrets on the internet where Homeland Security can pick them out and spirit me off in the dead of night to Guantanimo or some such place? Naw, I think I'll keep them safely buried.

Enjoy your chicken sandwich.

mud 05-18-08 08:23 PM

I watch "Dancing with Stars"!:thumb:
Mud

stringbreaker 05-18-08 09:16 PM

I once liked an Air Supply song. I feel so cheap and tawdry

TruF 05-18-08 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by stringbreaker (Post 6718961)

Are they the ones who sing, "I'm all out of love, what am I without you..."?

Jet Travis 05-18-08 09:25 PM

OMG! What have I started.:eek:

stringbreaker 05-18-08 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by TruF (Post 6718981)
Are they the ones who sing, "I'm all out of love, what am I without you..."?

Yes they are the ones and OH MY I CAN"T STAND IT. It did have a catchy little piano riff in there but thats not the song.

tsl 05-18-08 09:32 PM

I use real butter. Can't stand that yellowish petrochemical goo.

I also read manga.

solveg 05-18-08 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Condorita (Post 6718375)

I actually own a CD called "Baseball's Greatest Hits"

Tom Bombadil 05-18-08 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by solveg (Post 6719108)
I actually own a CD called "Baseball's Greatest Hits"

I own a LP that has many of those same songs on it. It predates the CD.

solveg 05-18-08 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil (Post 6719133)
I own a LP that has many of those same songs on it. It predates the CD.

It's pretty great, isn't it!

Yen 05-18-08 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by tsl (Post 6719077)

I also read manga.

Actually, I think using that yellowish petrochemical goo would be a deep dark secret.

OK here's mine.... I spend way too much time at this computer. :o :twitchy: :crash: :geek:

BluesDawg 05-18-08 10:04 PM

I don't think I'd a told that one. :eek:

Tom Bombadil 05-18-08 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by tsl (Post 6719077)

What margarines are made out of petrochemicals?

The one I use is made out of olive & soybean oils.

aqua4her 05-19-08 03:23 AM

I look forward, upon awakening, to reading this forum. It sometimes requires three cups of coffee.