Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   I'm not Tom B and............ (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/436048-im-not-tom-b.html)

maddmaxx 07-01-08 12:54 PM

I'm not Tom B and............

all the rain and predicted bad weather sailed by about 20 miles north of my vacation....:) Only one morning ride in the rain and that barely qualified as a cooling mist.

Last year on this vacation my wife was (inknown to use) bleeding internally from a tumor and was just a couple of weeks away from having part of her colon removed. Needless to say, this year was ever so much more fun. 5 separate rides from Saturday to Monday and all were excellent. There are so many bicycles in Falmouth that drivers are completely used to getting along with them. According to statistics, there are a lot of accidents but that may be more a product of lots and lots of inexperienced bikers.

Club Fred was well represented as the White Rabbit was shod with red platform pedals for the occasion. I managed to ride my age but it took 3 days to accomplish the feat as it is much more fun to lay on the beach with a book. Pictures will follow, but they are going to take a while as I chose to use film this time.................you do all remember film right.:D

LynnH 07-01-08 01:24 PM

Oh, that's the life!

Tom Bombadil 07-01-08 01:51 PM

Speaking of vacations, I'm going to Ohio & WV in a couple of weeks. During the summer when I visit, there are usually record or near-record highs. Last three visits to WV had highs in the upper 90s.

Speaking of rain, I hadn't ridden in the rain in 30 years, until the last 5 weeks. I've been caught in the rain three times since then.

A 3-day age ride, eh? Sounds good to me.

maddmaxx 07-01-08 02:42 PM

OK, not all film. Here's a teaser from the wife's digital. There are very few pictures of the actual riding as there was lots of sun, sand, water...........

The pictures of my wife and myself on one of our rides, at lunch at the clamshack, the motel is just over my shoulder but is 2 miles from where we are by bike.............its on the other side of the harbor mouth. The other pictures are of Woods hole, taken from the bike trail and from our front porch sat night. The ocean is 27 feet from the porch at high tide The motel is surrounded on 3 sides by water, ocean, harbor mouth and inner harbor. That's why it takes 3 days for an age ride.......................that and an age thats almost a metric.

fthomas 07-01-08 02:58 PM

Sounds like fun! The smiles tell it all. How blessed we are to enjoy another year!

cranky old dude 07-01-08 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by maddmaxx (Post 6981267)
................you do all remember film right.:D

hee hee, film raised my family until just recently. Yep, I remember....sigh, the
good days.

Glad you had a great trip.

Louis 07-01-08 03:22 PM

Looks like you guys are enjoying yourselves, that's what it's all about. Keep up the fun.:thumb:

rainycamp 07-01-08 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by maddmaxx (Post 6981851)

The pictures of my wife and myself on one of our rides,

My wife doesn't dress like that when she goes riding with me!

Catweazle 07-01-08 06:38 PM

I'm a big fan of this new concept of allowing an 'age ride' to be a cumulative thing which occurs over the duration of a holiday!

cyclinfool 07-01-08 06:44 PM

Tell the mss's that we think you certainly got the better part of the mariage deal :D

Louis 07-01-08 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by cyclinfool (Post 6983086)
Tell the mss's that we think you certainly got the better part of the mariage deal :D

Yeah Maxx, you never told us you married a much younger woman.

Tom Bombadil 07-01-08 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Louis (Post 6983477)
Yeah Maxx, you never told us you married a much younger woman.

That was my thought too. I wonder why she married a ol' gray-haired geezer?

maddmaxx 07-02-08 03:49 AM

--