Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Anyone riding a Koobi?

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Anyone riding a Koobi?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-08, 12:22 PM
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Anyone riding a Koobi?

Interesting saddle and sounds intriguing. Especially the Alpha model. A tad heavier and wider than my Prolink but sounds like it could be pretty comfortable. My Prolink is working well for now but I'm always on the lookout for something new and different........

Anyone used a Koobi?
Old 05-07-08, 08:12 PM

Bikes: Giant OCR2, Motobecane Fantom Trail, Specialized Hard Rock, Giant Nutra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I used to ride a Koobi AU Enduro. When I got it, I thought it was comfortable. After a couple years and losing 50 pounds, it felt like I was riding on a piece of plate steel. Don't know if it's because my butt got bonier or because the saddle lost any cushion effect.
Old 05-08-08, 04:01 PM
Senior Moment

Bikes: Litespeed Blueridge

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a Koobi Enduro and love it. I do have to keep the front of the saddle tipped down quite a bit to make it more comfortable, but that is what the manufacturer tells you when you buy it. I am thinking of getting another one in the future for the tandem. I have had mine for almost a year and half now and still love it.
Old 05-08-08, 05:48 PM

Bikes: Leader 780-R; Rockhopper FSR;Trek 660; Kona Blast Hardtail

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Litespeed
I have a Koobi Enduro and love it. I do have to keep the front of the saddle tipped down quite a bit to make it more comfortable, but that is what the manufacturer tells you when you buy it. I am thinking of getting another one in the future for the tandem. I have had mine for almost a year and half now and still love it.
I just built a new bike up with a Koobi PRS - Enduro, and am happy with it so far. I have a notoriously sensitive butt and am no distance king. I've got a feeling building up a durable ass takes gradual increases in miles, so I cannot vouch for ride times on the saddle longer than about an hour and 45 minutes. Customer service was excellent regarding a cosmetic issue.

My friend, a long time rider, just rode the new bike and raved over it, saying it was one of the nicest bikes he's ever ridden and how kind it was to his lower back. He called up the next day and raved some more. I told him the Koobi PRS system probably had a lot to do with it.
Old 07-27-08, 08:20 PM
Bike ***** User

Bikes: Trek 5200

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I started using a Koobi PRS Century early this year. It took a few rides to get used to it, but now I love it. Phil at Koobi went out of his way to make sure I would get something that fit my riding style and build.
Old 07-28-08, 10:44 AM

Bikes: Giant OCR2, Motobecane Fantom Trail, Specialized Hard Rock, Giant Nutra

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A month or so ago, I got an email newsletter from Koobi with an article about saddle lifespan. It said the projected lifespan was about 400 hours. That could explain why I was happy with mine at first and then thought it was terrible. 400 hours seems awfully short to me but I'm a tightwad.

https://www.koobi.com/technology-bicy...-lifespan.html