Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   33 years ago today...... (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/475618-33-years-ago-today.html)

cranky old dude 10-11-08 06:00 AM

33 years ago today......

....I was a young fellow striking out on the first day of his honeymoon with
a head full of expectations and plans.

Well we're still married, we're older, and we have kids (good kids)....I guess
the other expectations were somewhat frivolous anyway. Life has been good.

Tomorrow's ride will be a slow peaceful ride full of reflection and memories and
will terminate at my house where my bride will have a hot meal waiting for me
so I won't go to work hungry tomorrow night. Life is still good.

Happy Trails

Retro Grouch 10-11-08 06:06 AM

What a wonderful love story!

Mrs. Grouch and I are going on a ride today with a number of other couples all on tandems. It's neat to associate with other folks who have loooong term committed relationships.

Beverly 10-11-08 06:07 AM

Happy Anniversary to you and your bride:)

maddmaxx 10-11-08 06:49 AM

Happy anniversary to both you and your spouse.

HiYoSilver 10-11-08 07:14 AM

Great and wonderful. Enjoy and think of your virtual buddies.

Louis 10-11-08 07:28 AM

Happy Anniversary to you and Mrs. Cranky. Enjoy your ride.

Floyd 10-11-08 07:40 AM

another happy anniversary...continue to enjoy life together...and with friends.

molarface 10-11-08 07:45 AM

Congratulations!

Don

Suzie Green 10-11-08 07:57 AM

Happy Anniversary, enjoy your honeymoon! :)

gcottay 10-11-08 08:10 AM

Happy anniversary. Be sure to tell her how much she means to you.

Jim from Boston 10-11-08 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by cranky old dude (Post 7644421)
....[Thirty three years ago today] I was a young fellow striking out on the first day of his honeymoon with
a head full of expectations and plans.

Well we're still married, we're older, and we have kids (good kids)....I guess
the other expectations were somewhat frivolous anyway. Life has been good.

Tomorrow's ride will be a slow peaceful ride full of reflection and memories and
will terminate at my house where my bride will have a hot meal waiting for me
so I won't go to work hungry tomorrow night. Life is still good.

Happy Trails

Congratulations. FYA, our honeymoon 31 years ago was a cross country bike trip from Los Angeles to Washington D.C. It was a great way to start married life, since every day we would have to find and set up a homestead for the night in a new environment where we only knew, and could depend on each other. I can remember two distinct times on that trip when either one of us hit low a point, and were bouyed up by the other; me in Kansas and she in Ohio.

BTW, we're still together too.

howsteepisit 10-11-08 10:17 AM

Congratulation, peace be with you, and enjoy your ride of reflection

Also thank you for sharing your special time,

rideon7 10-11-08 10:33 AM

Way cool, C.O.D. Happy anniversary!

TruF 10-11-08 11:10 AM

Happy anniversary, Cranky! Quite an accomplishment. Enjoy your day.

BCRider 10-11-08 11:17 AM

Sit both of yourselves down with the after dinner wine and read through these posts together.

Way to go for both of you. Relationships are never a smooth road all the time but it's wonderful to see another couple that can manage to stay out of the ditch for the whole distance. Congrats to both of you and here's to many more years of love and harmony.

stapfam 10-11-08 01:51 PM

35 years for me and the wife next May so know the joy that you have had over the past years. We have been married longer than my neighbour has been alive and he can't get his head round that. He is best mates with my Daughter and her husband and looks on me and the wife as the same generation.

And as to tommorrows ride- it will be a loner- while the wife gets out in the garden and gets the mower out of the shed-finds all the garden tools I have left in the garden and fills up the compost heap with all the dead and decaying plants that she can find.

Getting the mower out means that I know what I will be doing tomorrow afternoon- after I have put the tools away in the right place as she will be putting them in the bike shed so I can find them- and the full compost heap means that the wife will be out at the garden centres finding new plants to fill all those holes in the borders that she has found.

After 35 years- I think my wife understands me and after 35 years- I know my place.

RoMad 10-11-08 02:01 PM

Congratulation to the both of you. May of this year was 31 for us. My wife left this morning with her sister on a 2 week trip to Iowa to visit her 98 year old aunt and 91 year old mother. We have never been apart more than a week before this and I miss her already.

Timtruro 10-11-08 02:24 PM

Pie with the wine would be nice. Happy Anniversary.

Mojo Slim 10-11-08 02:53 PM

Will you ride 33 miles? Or, since there are two of you, you could each ride 16.5 miles--together.

Burr 10-11-08 05:08 PM

Great, just great.
I'm happy for you.

Take Care and go in Gods way.

vtc12ip 10-11-08 07:05 PM

My Very Significant Other told me if tomorrows group ride runs over, "not to worry". Sunday morning breakfast will be on Monday.

Congratulations

BluesDawg 10-11-08 07:10 PM

Congratulations.:)

Allegheny Jet 10-11-08 09:28 PM

Happy anniversary! Enjoy the day.

jppe 10-12-08 05:30 AM

Excellent!

stapfam 10-12-08 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by vtc12ip (Post 7647175)
My Very Significant Other told me if tomorrows group ride runs over, "not to worry". Sunday morning breakfast will be on Monday.

Congratulations

Mine would tell me the Breakfast is in the Dog.