Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Wishing all a Peaceful & Happy Holiday

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-08, 02:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

As I sit here enjoying the odor of cookies baking in the Kitchen and the gleeful sounds of all three daughters and my bride enjoying this time together I can only hope that all of you out there in "50+ Land" are also enjoying these Holidays.
Old 12-24-08, 02:50 PM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
The smell of cooking will not happen till tomorrow in our family. Both daughters got married this year and I am round to one of them for christmas day. In MY household- it is my task to cook the christmas dinner and it was agreed that the men will cook dinner tomorrow.

Hold on- The men will cook christmas dinner**********?

Both my son-in-laws are coming. One of whom will be at his parents till midday- and the other can burn tinned fruit and cream when he prepares it. Just hope my daughter hasn't forgotten the brandy for the Christmas pudding. A whole bottle. 2 nips for the pudding and the rest for the chef.

Spike Milligan
Old 12-24-08, 03:45 PM
Ride Daddy Ride

Bikes: 1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm cooking Christmas eve dinner, and I did the shopping too. We're having a bachelor friend over, and I guess my wife figures he won't notice whether it's good or bad--as long as there's enough wine.
Old 12-24-08, 03:54 PM
Banned.

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Singing at Christmas services at 5:30 with our ensemble - "Cambiata"

Then, tomorrow, both sons and Tim's wife, Amy, over for a 10:00 am Christmas breakfast - special potatoes, eggs, ham, juice, toast, and ice cream and cookies for Andy, who loves them. I cook the eggs and ham, wife does the potatoes.

Best to ALL!!
Old 12-24-08, 04:05 PM

Bikes: 80's Schwinn Sierra MTB* 07 Jamis Ventura Comp* 09 Fuji Nevada 3.0 MTB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We have ham slowly scenting the air for tonights meal, we split between our families and tonight we do for her brothers and sisters, seems odd to not have her Dad with us after 30 some years. I always miss those who have gone on a bit more this time of year. So many faces missing from the table, makes the ones who are still here all that more precious. Like those of you who made it through another tough year. Thank you for all you share here and may you have happy safe holidays.
Old 12-24-08, 04:44 PM
King of the molehills

Bikes: '04 Giant OCR2, DIY light tourer built on on Scattante cross frame, '87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion, '85 Schwinn Super Le Tour

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Although work and a long commute have kept me away from here (and offline generally), Merry Christmas to all and (as someone paraphrased Clement Moore on C&V) to all a good ride!
Old 12-24-08, 06:56 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Appetizers and champagne for me and the woman in my life.
Tomorrow her sister and partner come down and I do the cooking.

Today I got the best xmas present I could hope for on my ride.

Happy holidays to y'all and my heart felt gratitude for all the inspiration you've given me here.
Old 12-24-08, 07:14 PM
Banned.

Bikes: Lapierre CF Sensium 400. Jamis Ventura Sport. Trek 800. Giant Cypress.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Like many here we will have the big meal tomorrow. Tonight I fixed Veal, Penna Pasta and pasta sause for my bride and she had some cheese cake set aside. It looks a lot like Pie!

May you all have a merry Christmas and Happy New Ywear.
Old 12-24-08, 07:41 PM
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by cranky old dude
As I sit here enjoying the odor of cookies baking in the Kitchen and the gleeful sounds of all three daughters and my bride enjoying this time together I can only hope that all of you out there in "50+ Land" are also enjoying these Holidays.
Exactly the same at my house-chocolate chip cookies here......and 2 daughters and a son. With my oldest now living 2000 miles away but home for a few days, I treasure every minute.
Old 12-24-08, 08:13 PM

Bikes: '06 Specialized Roubiax Expert, '08 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp 29, Nishiki frame

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just got back from Christmas Eve service and get-together with the family and in-laws. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to everyone at BF!
Old 12-24-08, 10:08 PM
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
We have oth children home tonight and the wife baked 2 pies today for lunch/desert tomorrow. Had a great 2 types of ham at the in-laws fro lunch. A whole lot to be truly thankful this Christmas. I want to wish everyone here at 50+ the Merriest of Christmas' and for a successful 50+ international ride in August.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13

Old 12-24-08, 11:08 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Had a good Christmas Eve ride today, see post. After the ride, the daughter talked me into going with her to the mall for some last minute stuff. I should have my head examined. I can count the number of times I go to a mall in a year on one hand. Oh well, since it was with the daughter, it was time well spent. We don't get to spend that much time together any more. The whole family is in, so it's all good.

With respect to food, our family doe not possess a hazardous waste permit, nor is any of us an EMT; therefore, I will not perform any of the food preparation.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-08, 11:46 PM
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
In a few hours, my sons and I will be preparing a good Southern breakfast for all the family and a few friends. I'm hoping for something more like aroma than "odor".