Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Finally a 09 Ride!

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Finally a 09 Ride!

Old 01-08-09, 03:57 PM

Bikes: 2011 ICE Sprint Special Edition

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 66 Posts
Finally a 09 Ride!

I SO admire you all weather riders but it's been Cold and WINDY here since the first of the year, today, yes I know it's the "8th. day of the month" I got in 20+ miles! Decided not to abuse the POS DSB MTB on singletrack trails, it's now set up to be a "cross/path" bike and it does ok for that mission! Here's a photo of the bike resting in a unique group of trees along one of the many "Rail/Trail" paths in Colorado Springs.

Last edited by bjjoondo; 01-08-09 at 03:58 PM. Reason: My fingers don't want to find the right letters ;)
Old 01-08-09, 07:56 PM
S E Michigan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have gotten in 3 rides here in SE Michigan looks like it a be a few days or more until another ride ! Guess its back to the gym tommrow . Were pose to get 5 to 8 inches a snow starting sometime tommrow . I told the wife she retired and went back to work I told her this has gotta stop I wana move to a warm climate . Then my daughter goes and gets pregnant so now she wants to stay close to the gran kid . I may just get on my bike this spring go to a warm state and send them all a damn postcard saying come see me anytime .
Old 01-10-09, 09:54 AM

Bikes: 2011 ICE Sprint Special Edition

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 66 Posts
Totally understand! :)

Originally Posted by pipes
I may just get on my bike this spring go to a warm state and send them all a damn postcard saying come see me anytime .
LOL, that feeling I totally understand, I keep playing the loto/powerball so we can either buy a RV and just drive to AZ. for the winter months and come back to CO. for the summer months or have a one bedroom condo with a single car garage in both AZ. and CO. I have chronic Reiter's Syndrome (sponalytist arthritis family) and the COLD seems to be beating up on me a lot more as I age past 50 I now understand why older folks will risk "hurricaines" to live in FL. !!

Last edited by bjjoondo; 01-10-09 at 09:56 AM. Reason: I need to learn how to spell!!! ;)