Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   For the BF Mods - Logon Ad nauseum (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/505502-bf-mods-logon-ad-nauseum.html)

cyclezen 01-25-09 08:37 PM

For the BF Mods - Logon Ad nauseum

Not tryin to be pain...
But

Dear Mods,

Isn;t there a better way than to have BF visitors constantly logging on during their visit?

Not sure if anyone else experiences this, but over a 1/2 hour period, anytime I do a search or decide to post to a thread, I find myself having to log back in to BF almost every few minutes.
If I'm composing a post which might take more than a couple minutes of thought and slow type-age, I again have to logon.
Is this a serious 'poke in the eye' only to me?

Why can;t I logon ONCE and have a cookie which lasts for (now I'm not thinking 'astronomical' here...) say 1 hr - I know askin for 2 hrs is a moon-shot...

its drivin me crazy !!!! :twitchy: :crash: :bang:

Artkansas 01-25-09 08:44 PM

Yeah, I've had to learn to do an Alt-A, Alt-C before posting anything on the 50% odds that I will get a login screen and lose my post. Sometimes when I'm smart, I do a File>New>Window and log in to the new window before posting my reply.

BluesDawg 01-25-09 09:06 PM

May be a problem on your end. No such problems here.

europa 01-25-09 09:13 PM

No problems at my end either. Maybe Denvr's trying to tell you something :D

Richard

wrk101 01-25-09 09:13 PM

No problems here either.

Beverly 01-25-09 09:16 PM

Not a problem here either.

Are you checking the "remember me" box next to your user id and password when logging in?

skiph 01-25-09 09:50 PM

Had that problem on Saturday (I think....), but seems to be back to 'normal' (check the 'keep me logged in' box when putting in user name and password) lately.

Hopefully just a temporary 'glitch' with the forum software.

Hermes 01-25-09 10:54 PM

No problem here.

maddmaxx 01-26-09 04:37 AM

I guess that sometimes we just have a run of logons.

gear 01-26-09 05:25 AM

I logged in once when I first joined, I've been automatically logged in each time I visit since then.

Road Fan 01-26-09 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Beverly (Post 8247667)
Not a problem here either.

Are you checking the "remember me" box next to your user id and password when logging in?

I used to have the problem to an infuriating degree. I tried checking "remember me" every time, and so far so good!

I don't have an explanation.

Febs 01-26-09 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by cyclezen (Post 8247364)
its drivin me crazy !!!! :twitchy: :crash: :bang:

What browser are you using?

Try clearing your cookies and cache and then restarting your browser and logging in again.

bab2000 01-26-09 10:02 AM

Also, confirm your security settings. Many if not all forum type sites require acceptance of cookies by your browser for a functional experience.

Otherwise the forum will ask continually for confirmation to determine who it is linked with.

Rick@OCRR 01-26-09 10:09 AM

Never had a problem. Once I log-in I stay logged in.

Rick / OCRR

RonH 01-26-09 10:29 AM

Not a problem for me. Maybe it's your computer or ISP.

Tom Stormcrowe 01-26-09 12:35 PM

Clear your cookies, and remember, of course to check the remember me box. that usually fixes these issues. Do have your browser configured for accet cookies til they expire, as well.

The Weak Link 01-26-09 12:46 PM

If I don't visit BF in several days my computer alerts me that I'm neglecting the site and it guides me and won't let me accesss any other web site until I post something here, which probably explains a lot.

stapfam 01-26-09 02:02 PM

In general- I do not have problems with BF- but occasionally- I cannot link to it at all. I know the server goes down- has to be maintained or runs very slow- and That annoys.

What is more annoying is that I have been blaming BF- and it is probably down to my Providor.

By the Way- I am on 8mg Broadband provided by Tiscali and often cannot get more than 1 mg. The big major problem is that it takes a week for them to come back to me- and the person at the end of the phone is in India- and I cannot understand his accent- And I am still waiting for my complant about the lack of response to my complaint to be answered.

garysol1 01-26-09 02:08 PM

I have 2 machines running windows. One forgets my Logon everytime I leave and return the other one has never asked me to logon again. Both have the same options checked and are as identical as possible.......

JanMM 01-26-09 04:29 PM

I never log off on my home PC.

Tom Bombadil 01-26-09 05:06 PM

The only time I can remember logging on in the past 9-12 months was after I took a 4 week vacation and hadn't used that computer in a month.

fthomas 01-26-09 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by gear (Post 8248887)
I logged in once when I first joined, I've been automatically logged in each time I visit since then.

Wow, you may want to clean all your cookies out and start over! Not much telling whose following your internet movements. Big Brother is Watching!

snaproll 01-26-09 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe (Post 8250693)
Clear your cookies, and remember, of course to check the remember me box. that usually fixes these issues. Do have your browser configured for accet cookies til they expire, as well.

Also, make sure you type in www.bikeforums.net and not just bikeforums.net.

MNBikeguy 01-26-09 08:01 PM

Extensive logging has been a problem here in northern Minnesota..... :innocent:

jgjulio 01-27-09 10:07 AM

I log on with several computers. The one I am now always "times out" and I have to log on constantly. Other computers do not have this quirk.
I also communicate on a photography forum and the same thing happens on this computer and not the others.
It is obviously something about a setting on this computer but I can't find the differences in settings.
Good luck. If you figure it out please post... I will do the same.