Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

The Saga of the Lost Jersey

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-09, 09:12 PM
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts

On Monday, I went for a training ride.

As usual, it starts out cold and eventually warms up. So, I started with a number of layers, including my favorite long-sleeved blue jersey with attached hood. Not very "sexy" but wonderful for the 40F changes in temp we so often get here in Colo.

I was riding my Specialized HR with the panniers, and I purposely headed for the hills.

As I got warmer and warmer, I kept taking things off until I finally ended up with just a sleeveless jersey, stuffing the layers in the panniers.

On the way back I stopped at our local Sprouts for some fruit and veggies, putting two bags in the panniers.

So, when I got home, I looked through my layers and bags and could not find that favorite jersey. Now, this is a real big deal, because a search of the internet reveals onle ONE decent hooded jersey available, and that is a bright yellow one at Performance Bike for $40.00. I don't wnat a bright yellow one.

I went back to Sprouts and, no, it had not fallen out there. I figured someone stole it out of my panniers while it was parked at Sprouts.

Sigh!!

Then, two dayls later (Wednesday) I retraced my route, and, WOW, about 10 feet off of the trail - there it was, in great shape - my BLUE JERSEY!!

So, anyone else find any bicycling stuff they thought they had lost?

(BTW, I nominate this as the most boring post so far in 2009. Here it is, now Daylight Savings Time, and I am trying to pass time before going to bed an hour early!)

Last edited by DnvrFox; 03-09-09 at 05:44 AM.
Old 03-09-09, 02:21 AM

Bikes: Not enough

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I lost my innocense once while in the military, , never did find it again.
Old 03-09-09, 12:56 PM
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
You should be ashamed of yourself, DnvrFox. You deprived someone of finding a new jersey!

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post
Old 03-09-09, 01:59 PM
Banned.

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil
You should be ashamed of yourself, DnvrFox. You deprived someone of finding a new jersey!
Yes, I am a real meanie!!
Old 03-09-09, 02:06 PM
www.ocrebels.com

Bikes: Several bikes, Road, Mountain, Commute, etc.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Not me, but the girl I was riding with had a cleat fall off of her cycling shoe as we were riding into the overnight town for the day.

Riding out the next morning (fortunately on the same road), she found it, just sitting there by the side of the road, as if it was waiting for her.

Rick / OCRR