Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   n-1 how can this be? (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/523773-n-1-how-can.html)

JanMM 03-24-09 05:47 PM

n-1 how can this be?

Can't believe that I just sold the Cannondale hybrid that was my main ride from '94-'03. Low no-haggle price sealed the deal. It was the backup hybrid to the Big Buzz. Which is the backup bike to the V-Rex, except that the backup 'bent to the V-Rex is the Tailwind. Which makes the Big Buzz the backup backup bike, until I sell the Tailwind, when the Big Buzz becomes the backup bike-in-fact. Wait a minute, backup there.....................
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...M/DSC02165.jpg

maddmaxx 03-25-09 04:08 AM

Rules require you to install a beeping device that sounds loudly when you are backing up.

bikegeek57 03-25-09 04:23 AM

+1 to what maddmaxx said.

alicestrong 03-25-09 06:20 AM

That bike was my size...

Timtruro 03-25-09 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by alicestrong (Post 8595045)
That bike was my size...

Does it have one of those new-fangled back up cameras?

DnvrFox 03-25-09 06:35 AM

Err!!!

Is this a "Backup Bike?"

http://www.artistsingh.com/images/si...bn%20cycle.jpg

NOS88 03-25-09 07:41 AM

Nothing lasts forever. Seems like you've still got you bases covered, and have had the C-Dale long enough to have some, hopefully, good memories. Let's just hope the new owner get lots of safe, fun miles out of it.

zowie 03-25-09 09:20 AM

I know how you feel. Last summer I sold the '99 Schwinn hybrid that got me back into cycling after a layoff of some years. I mostly used it for commuting, but I stopped commuting due to a move, do long distance rides on my newer road bike and utility rides on my folder, still have an old steel 10-speed as an other spare, so it was just taking up space. I sometime wish I kept it because for the $100 bucks I got for it I could have used it for locking up in high theft areas. But mostly it'd still be collecting dust. Now its being ridden and enjoyed by a neighbor.

Monoborracho 03-25-09 10:57 AM

I'm now N-3 from a year ago. No regrets. I still have Sweet Wife's comfort bike, a mountain bike, a touring bike, and the tandem (recent acq).

I've been hording brifters, cranks, and wheels. I have $400 bucks in the PayPal account from selling FooBaby, the flat bar Fuji, and another $600 in small bills in the cookie jar. I'm just waiting for the right deal to come along and its N+1 for me.

stapfam 03-25-09 11:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by DnvrFox (Post 8595085)

No ---this is

wobblyoldgeezer 03-25-09 11:58 AM

Hard to let one go, after all those miles!

I'm a Bobcat, Mr Zimmerman fan, who uttered 'he not busy being born is busy dying' - not sure that he cares about bikes, but the spirit is maybe 'get a new one, don't regret the old one'

I'm currently thinking the same about letting go the tandem (Santana Visa) on which I had many enjoyable miles with the little'uns - and getting a new better one after 20 years

But hard to let go ;)

JanMM 03-25-09 04:04 PM

that would be correct

JanMM 03-25-09 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Timtruro (Post 8595073)

It's a single-speed; has a backup warning that beeps just once............that's for backup coasting downhill.

JanMM 03-25-09 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by NOS88 (Post 8595339)
Nothing lasts forever. Seems like you've still got you bases covered, and have had the C-Dale long enough to have some, hopefully, good memories. Let's just hope the new owner get lots of safe, fun miles out of it.

The new owner seemed quite pleased and even gave me $10 more than the no-haggle low price for throwing in a couple of larger chainrings. Do I have to save all the other 110 chainrings I have even if I have no more 110 cranksets?

zowie 03-25-09 05:14 PM

I believe that's a regular bike that the guy is sitting on backwards. I recently saw a kid to this, right down a main street. It was pretty amazing.

Retro Grouch 03-25-09 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Timtruro (Post 8595073)

OK, now you've got me going.

Do those back up cameras present a video that mimics what you see in a rear view mirror or is it what you'd see if you turned around and looked over your shoulder?

wrk101 03-25-09 05:44 PM

I just went N-2 earlier this week, selling my sweet Univega Gran Turismo. I just wasn't riding it. After adding a higher end road bike earlier this year (Colnago Master Lite), I had to reduce the fleet a bit for "balance". So after going N+1 in January with the Colnago, I have dropped two bikes from my keeper list. N-2 and holding. My keeper list is down to four bikes.