Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

WooHoo, I'm Rich

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

WooHoo, I'm Rich

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-10, 06:03 PM
The guy in the 50+ jersey

Bikes: Specialized S-Works Roubaix, Litespeed Tuscany Road, Specialized Allez Epic lugged carbon frame Road,Giant Anthem 29'r, Klein Hardtail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JanMM
I don't know why I can't learn to be more trusting.......................I'd be just about a damn billionaire if only I had responded to all the nice folks who have sent me offers of money for nothing.

...Chicks for free???
Old 02-02-10, 07:24 PM
rebmeM roineS

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro A20, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 347 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by PAlt

...Chicks for free???
No mention of chickens in their long rambling disjointed tales of difficulties and dire financial straits that they can overcome with my help for which they will gladly pay me tomorrow for a hamburger today if only I will wire them a small chunk of change...............................
Old 02-02-10, 08:47 PM
Dirt Bomb

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 5471 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 239 Posts
You guys have all the luck.
Old 02-02-10, 09:39 PM
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
When I get my money, I'm going to buy a microwave oven, custom kitchen, refrigerator, and a color TV.
Old 02-02-10, 09:52 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
THAT'S the way you do it...
Old 02-03-10, 07:48 PM
rebmeM roineS

Just got an even better message tonite!

"email address as indicated was drawn and attached to ticketnumber 001768432463 with serial numbers FTS/8070337201/

06 and drew the lucky numbers 15-22-24-48-50-37(30) which subsequently won you 1,000,000.00 (One Million Great Britain Pounds)."

Wow! That's even better than a million dollars! Anyone know any bankers deserving of a big bonus?
Old 02-03-10, 07:56 PM

Bikes: Bridgestone RB-1. Nicely restored

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
I just want to meet that Russian babe, who keeps sending me emails.
Old 02-03-10, 08:02 PM
Slogging along

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse '06, Mongoose titanium road bike '00--my commuter. Yes, Mongoose once made a decent ti road bike.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
As luck would have it, I too am rich as of this week. Escrow just closed on the bridge I sold so some guy in Nigeria. Wait, maybe that was that other guy in Cameroon.
Old 02-03-10, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If this keeps up they'll have to change the name of this forum to something like "Home of the Rich Old Gits"
Old 02-03-10, 08:53 PM
Council of the Elders

Bikes: 1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I feel terrible because I am no longer receiving these opportunities. I must be awfully unlucky.
Old 02-03-10, 10:07 PM
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Our university email filter stops nearly all of these phishing attempts. But last year someone modified theirs enough to evade our system and it went through to everyone on the campus. Note this was a single email phish that got through. I forget the exact details, but it told them that if they provided some personal information (related to verifying their identity) that they would win a nice prize, I think it was something like a $5000 gift certificate to Best Buy.

Over 100 faculty, staff, and students replied to it. It took us over a week to track them all down and get them to change their passwords to protect them from attempted identity theft.

If a single phish attempt could be that effective on a single campus, it really made me wonder how many people nationwide fall for them.

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post
Old 02-03-10, 10:16 PM
Old Fogy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'll soon receive twenty million from a widow in Nigeria, plus I have an email from the FBI certifying me as the winner of one hundred forty thousand in a sweepstakes! Eat your hearts out!

Last edited by waldowales; 02-05-10 at 11:43 AM.
Old 02-04-10, 12:34 PM
Artificial Member

Bikes: Retrospec Judd, Dahon Boardwalk, Specialized Langster

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6766 Post(s)
Liked 5,479 Times in 3,223 Posts
So, when are we gonna see the money?
Old 02-04-10, 04:12 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got an e mail from Bank Of Africa the other day but the delete button went into action before I get a chance to read the message. Oh, there's also the e mail from the FBI and Robert Mueller, FBI director. Again the delete button automatically goes into action so never had a chance to read their messages. But I keep my eyes open for e mail from Saudi or Dubai sheiks, wealthy r a g heads to claim a new oil well.
Old 02-04-10, 08:15 PM
His Brain is Gone!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ahsposo
So, when are we gonna see the money?
I've seen the millions headed my way. They sent me a picture of it. Boy, it was almost like having it in my hands.

Any day now, I'll be rich.
Old 02-04-10, 08:49 PM
Old Fogy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
This is good for an evenings entertainment. Too bad the guy is such a skeptic or he could be rich like we soon will be!

https://oddorama.com/2008/02/11/scamm...reverse-scams/
Old 02-04-10, 08:59 PM

Bikes: Catrike 559 I own some others but they don't get ridden very much.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1572 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 364 Posts
Originally Posted by JanMM
I don't know why I can't learn to be more trusting.......................I'd be just about a damn billionaire if only I had responded to all the nice folks who have sent me offers of money for nothing.
Now that you've brought up the topic of "money for nothing" the next line in the song goes "and chicks for free". Does anybody know how to go about starting up one of those religious cults?
Old 02-04-10, 09:59 PM
rebmeM roineS

Originally Posted by Retro Grouch
Now that you've brought up the topic of "money for nothing" the next line in the song goes "and chicks for free". Does anybody know how to go about starting up one of those religious cults?
You want that folks should give you money and worship you, too?
Just being given a million dollars by a nice woman in Russia who is really a man in Nigeria wouldn't be enough?
Old 02-04-10, 10:48 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Retro Grouch
No Koolaid thank you,I don't imbide.
Old 02-05-10, 07:10 AM

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1514 Post(s)
Liked 734 Times in 455 Posts
Perhaps you should attend the upcoming 7th Nigerian Email Conference in November, so you can meet the heroes who have enriched us all with all of those free monies.

https://j-walk.com/other/conf/index.htm
Old 02-05-10, 07:38 AM
Artificial Member

Bikes: Retrospec Judd, Dahon Boardwalk, Specialized Langster

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6766 Post(s)
Liked 5,479 Times in 3,223 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil
I've seen the millions headed my way. They sent me a picture of it. Boy, it was almost like having it in my hands.

Any day now, I'll be rich.
Tom, This truly is your lucky day. I have an investment program that will guarantee you a 28.37% annual return. Minimum initial investment is $3,500,000. This fund is strictly limited to a few chosen investors and it happens I have one investment opportunity left before the fund is closed to new investors. Act now. Don't delay. Send me the money.
Old 02-05-10, 11:58 AM
His Brain is Gone!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ahsposo
Tom, This truly is your lucky day. I have an investment program that will guarantee you a 28.37% annual return. Minimum initial investment is $3,500,000. This fund is strictly limited to a few chosen investors and it happens I have one investment opportunity left before the fund is closed to new investors. Act now. Don't delay. Send me the money.
Wow! I'm going to be an uber-millionaire!!!

As soon as it gets here, it will be on the way to you. Thanks!!
Old 02-05-10, 12:06 PM
370H-SSV-0773H

Bikes: Merlin Fortius, Specialized Crossroads & Rockhopper, Serotta Fierte, Pedal Force RS2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Allegheny Jet
What are you doing with a baseball bat? Did the baseball bat float across the pond and was found by you while riding along the coast?
he actually meant that weird-looking piece of linseed oil-soaked willow known as a cricket bat

p.s. i always tell callers who want my credit-card info to get right back with me - and then give them the direct line to the state attorney general's office in Tallahasee

:-)
Old 02-05-10, 12:15 PM

Bikes: Time RXRS, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New technique, they now try to pass for the FBI.

Here is what I received this morning. $11 millions? I should be able to buy a nice bike with that.

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Anti-Terrorist And Monitory Crime Division.
Federal Bureau Of Investigation.
J.Edgar.Hoover Building Washington Dc
https://www.fbi.gov/libref/directors/directmain.htm

Attn: Beneficiary,

This is to Officially inform you that it has come to our notice and we have thoroughly Investigated with the help of our Intelligence Monitoring Network System that you are having an illegal Transaction with Impostors claiming to be Prof. Charles C. Soludo of the Central Bank Of Nigeria, Mr. Patrick Aziza, Mr Frank Nweke, Dr. Philip Mogan, none officials of Oceanic Bank, Zenith Banks, Barr. Derrick Smith, kelvin Young of HSBC, Ben of FedEx, Ibrahim Sule,Larry Christopher, Dr. Usman Shamsuddeen, Dr. Philip Mogan, Paul Adim, Puppy Scammers are impostors claiming to be the Federal Bureau Of Investigation. During our Investigation, we noticed that the reason why you have not received your payment is because you have not fulfilled your Financial Obligation given to you in respect of your Contract/Inheritance Payment.

Therefore, we have contacted the Federal Ministry Of Finance on your behalf and they have brought a solution to your problem by coordinating your payment in total USD$11,000.000.00 in an ATM CARD which you can use to withdraw money from any ATM MACHINE CENTER anywhere in the world with a maximum of $4000 to $5000 United States Dollars daily. You now have the lawful right to claim your fund in an ATM CARD.

Since the Federal Bureau of Investigation is involved in this transaction, you have to be rest assured for this is 100% risk free it is our duty to protect the American Citizens. All I want you to do is to contact the ATM CARD CENTER via email for their requirements to proceed and procure your Approval Slip on your behalf which will cost you $150.00 only and note that your Approval Slip which contains details of the agent who will process your transaction.
CONTACT INFORMATION
NAME: Mr. Kelvin Williams
EMAIL: williamskelvin112@yahoo.cn
Telephone: +234-819-121-3677

Do contact Mr. Kelvin Williams of the ATM PAYMENT CENTER with your details:

FULL NAME:
HOME ADDRESS:
TELL:
CELL:
CURRENT OCCUPATION:
BANK NAME:

So your files would be updated after which he will send the payment information's which you'll use in making payment of $150.00 via Western Union Money Transfer or Money Gram Transfer for the procurement of your Approval Slip after which the delivery of your ATM CARD will be effected to your designated home address without any further delay.We order you get back to this office after you have contacted the ATM SWIFT CARD CENTER and we do await your response so we can move on with our Investigation and make sure your ATM SWIFT CARD gets to you.
Thanks and hope to read from you soon.

ROBERT S. MUELLER, III
DIRECTOR, FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20535
https://www.fbi.gov/libref/directors/directmain.htm

Note: Do disregard any email you get from any impostors or offices claiming to be in possession of your ATM CARD, you are hereby advice only to be in contact with Mr. Kelvin Williams of the ATM CARD CENTER who is the rightful person to deal with in regards to your ATM CARD PAYMENT and forward any emails you get from impostors to this office so we could act upon and commence investigation.
Old 02-05-10, 12:28 PM
Flying Under the Radar

Bikes: 10' SuperiorLite SL Club | 06' Giant FCR3 | 2010 GT Avalanche 3.0 Disc

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by genec
What gets me are the offers I get at work to enlarge my penis... and my breasts... I tell you, obviously someone is confused.
No, No. It's more fun when you enlarge both.
LOL - Yeah this always was funny to me too.

Credit card statements from credit cards you don't have. Stuff like that. People really fall for this stuff?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.