Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Start me up?? (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/619567-start-me-up.html)

wobblyoldgeezer 02-03-10 08:53 AM

Start me up??

Well, I had an xray on my fractures.

The radiographer said that it looked like some bone regeneration was occurring, and that she'd pass it on to the surgeon for a view about putting some weigh on the leg.

So, gotta wait until tomorrow until I get a clear to go for a bike ride.

C'mon Eric (my pal surgeon) - start me up, don't make a grown man cry, if you start me up I'll never ever stop

rumrunn6 02-03-10 09:19 AM

be patient. I broke my leg (peeing) 13 years ago and remember watching it grow back together. brutal.

miss kenton 02-03-10 10:03 AM

Now, Wobbly, You'd be a Fool To Cry, although I can understand that having to wait would be a Heartbreaker, Do do do do dodo.

Artkansas 02-03-10 10:19 AM

Freddie Mercury said it!

Bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride it where I like

Get well soon.

Shp4man 02-03-10 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by rumrunn6 (Post 10355917)
be patient. I broke my leg (peeing) 13 years ago and remember watching it grow back together. brutal.

I can't help but wonder how that happened.:p

JohnDThompson 02-03-10 11:04 AM

There's GOT to be a story behind that...

wobblyoldgeezer 02-04-10 06:52 AM

Not an activity for which I normally carry out a full risk assessment. Maybe we should. Do tell!

DnvrFox 02-04-10 07:01 AM

If you can break your leg peeing, I wonder what one might break doing #2?

bikegeek57 02-04-10 07:07 AM

sorry this leg breaking thing was funny. I read that and did a double take. right. That must have been tough to explain to the Doc's as they were fixing you up. Nope no pain killers for you, you're laughing too hard to be in pain. Hah!

by the way.... Wobbly how did the doc visit go?

wobblyoldgeezer 02-04-10 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by bikegeek57 (Post 10360052)
sorry this leg breaking thing was funny. I read that and did a double take. right. That must have been tough to explain to the Doc's as they were fixing you up. Nope no pain killers for you, you're laughing too hard to be in pain. Hah!

by the way.... Wobbly how did the doc visit go?

Not as good as I was hoping, thanks for asking, but good all the same. Clear evidence of bone regrowth, which is encouraging, but the Doc took the view 'things are going ok to good, why rush and risk? Steady as you go, another xray in a couple of weeks and then allow 40 kilos on the leg, back to full weight bearing in mid March. Why risk another setback now when you'll be good to bike in March?"

Can't really argue with that, even though I'm tempted to!