Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Tommaso Veloctia 2008

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Tommaso Veloctia 2008

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-08, 08:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Tommaso Veloctia 2008

HI,
Found a sale on Tomaso Bike, its Shimano Dura Ace/ultegra drive train, Come specailly packed in a reusable high density foam .
Never heard of the company the review looks pretty good,
Oh yea its red and black??
doug
Sale price 1,099.00 free shippin
SPECS((
• Double Butted Aluminum
w/Carbon seatstays• Alpha Aluminum w/Carbon seatstays• Specialized FACT 8r carbon (Compact) Forks • Carbon fork• Bontrager Race carbon• Carbon w/carbon steerer Drivetrain Highlights • Shimano Dura Ace rear derailleur
• Shimano Ultegra shifter/brake lever
• Shimano 105 cassette
• Shimano Ultegra rear derailleur
• Shimano 105 shifter/brake levers
• Shimano 105 cassette
• Shimano Dura Ace rear derailleur
• Shimano Ultegra shifter/brake lever
• SRAM OG-1070 cassette Brakes • Tektro Alloy R580 Brakes• Alloy Dual Pivot• Shimano Ultegra Cockpit • Ritchey Logic Comp H-Bar
• Ritchey Pro V2 Stem • Bontrager Select H-Bar
• Bontrager Select Stem • Specialized Pro, 6061 alloy H-Bar
• Specialized Pro Set Stem Wheels • Shimano R500 wheelset• Bontrager Select wheelset• Fulcrum Racing 5 Wheelset Extras

Last edited by djnzlab1; 12-28-08 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-29-08, 01:58 AM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Googled the name and came up with the following

https://www.google.com/search?sourcei...=tommaso+bikes

Sounds like another European name that has been sold off. Used to be a respectable name in europe but read the link and see what you think.

Edit---- Had a chance to look at the spec and just a few things I do not like- but in general not too bad for a $1000 bike. Am worried about getting the right size though. It is a "Semi Compact" frame. What is that? If there is a geometry table available- I would look at it carefully as I take it there is no chance of a test ride.

All of this is whether there are no adverse reports from owners that already ride one.

Spike Milligan

Last edited by stapfam; 12-29-08 at 04:25 AM.
Old 12-29-08, 06:30 AM
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
https://www.tommasobikes.com/bikes.html

Tommaso is only listing the 2007 models on their website but the parent company (RS Cycles) has the one you're looking at. Sounds like you found a good deal. Go for it.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.

Last edited by RonH; 12-29-08 at 06:36 AM.
Old 12-29-08, 06:36 AM
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 621 Posts
Sale Expired 12/25/08
Nice Bike if it fits you.

Old 12-29-08, 06:53 AM

Bikes: Pedal Force RS2, Canyon, Basso, Tommaso, Rock Racing, Schwinn, SWOBO, Trek

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I bought a Tomasso Aggriazato from the same company. Not a bad bike although as said NO Italian bloodline what so ever.......Its made in china with the company (Tomasso) out of Florida.

Actually...the 07 model I have is much better than the 08 as far as components go. Full Ultegra w/ Ritchey Pro and a very nice fsa carbon pro crankset, one piece carbon fiber frame and fork.
The 08 has too much FSA crap, which I am not a fan of.
Old 12-29-08, 02:43 PM

Bikes: Specialized Sequioa Elite, kHS Eastwood

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nice bike, enjoy it.
Old 12-29-08, 04:00 PM
Time for a change.

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Found the Geometry chart as on the link below and the sizing does seem a little "Off" in places. Top tube length seems a bit short for the Bike size given and some of the seat and head tube angles would have to be checked out by a test ride. But nothing outstandingly bad on the measurements. Looks as though the sizing is as for a conventional frame and not a compact.

https://system.netsuite.com/c.364039...ocita_geo.html

Spike Milligan
Old 12-29-08, 08:41 PM

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by stapfam
Sounds like another European name that has been sold off. Used to be a respectable name in europe but read the link and see what you think.
Nope. Tomasso was originally the house brand of Ten Speed Drive Imports. In the beginning, anyway, the frames were made by Italian subcontractors. When times changed, and you could get decent quality frames out of Asia for less $$, guess what happened?

Scott P
Bend, OR
Old 12-29-08, 11:37 PM
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by stapfam
Found the Geometry chart as on the link below and the sizing does seem a little "Off" in places. Top tube length seems a bit short for the Bike size given and some of the seat and head tube angles would have to be checked out by a test ride. But nothing outstandingly bad on the measurements. Looks as though the sizing is as for a conventional frame and not a compact.

https://system.netsuite.com/c.364039...ocita_geo.html
I must not see the same chart you see. The geometry looks pretty standard for a compact frame. Example: the 56 cm size has 56cm effective top tube (the 54.07 actual top tube length doesn't matter on a compact frame) and the 73 degree head and seat tube angles sounds about right for a road bike not intended for quick racing turns.

What does seem odd is the specs listed in the original post. Several items are listed three times with different specifications. Example: • Shimano Ultegra shifter/brake lever - • Shimano 105 shifter/brake levers - • Shimano Ultegra shifter/brake lever - what's that about?
Old 12-30-08, 01:54 AM
Time for a change.

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I ride a 51 in compact and conventional frame and taking the 52 as they don't have a 51.

So on the 52- on the measurements that I would choose- The top tube is short-stand over height low-seat tube angle steep so pushing you further forward-handle bar width is narrow and cranks are long. I would have to go to a 56 to get somewhere my 51's angles and lengths.

I could ride that 56 and be comfortable with the only changes being to stem and crank length. But I do think that if I bought a 52 with these measurements- in comparison to a normal 51- I would be dissapointed in the fit.

The fit of the bike can only be checked by a test ride of course- but for me it looks as though the bike would be fine but would be easy to get the wrong size.

Spike Milligan
Old 12-30-08, 06:38 AM

Bikes: Pedal Force RS2, Canyon, Basso, Tommaso, Rock Racing, Schwinn, SWOBO, Trek

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bobbycorno
nope. Tomasso was originally the house brand of ten speed drive imports. In the beginning, anyway, the frames were made by italian subcontractors. When times changed, and you could get decent quality frames out of asia for less $$, guess what happened?

Scott p
bend, or
+1
Old 12-30-08, 08:57 AM
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
stapfam, what is the effective top tube lengths of your 51cm bikes? From a quick check of a few charts, the Tomasso's 53.18 seems to be in the normal range for a 52cm frame, though I'll admit I'm more familiar with larger frames.
Old 12-30-08, 01:48 PM
Time for a change.

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BluesDawg
stapfam, what is the effective top tube lengths of your 51cm bikes? From a quick check of a few charts, the Tomasso's 53.18 seems to be in the normal range for a 52cm frame, though I'll admit I'm more familiar with larger frames.
Taken time to measure accurately and the OCR which is a 49to51--TT actual length is 51 cm which on the tomasso table would equate to their 47.This is a comfort frame. This frame size is a fraction too small for me and I use a 105mm stem instead of an 80.

The TCR-C is a 51 to 54 and actual tt length is 53.9- which on the tomasso table would equate to a 53- as it is between sizes.

Boreas is different as it is a race frame in 51 and the TT length is 54.5.this will equate to a 54.

So in hindsight- they do not necessarily look to be short- but they are all over the place.

Spike Milligan
Old 12-30-08, 09:12 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
thanks for the info

HI,
I stumbled onto a used bike the other days that was to clean to pass up, and a steal at they price the wanted it must have been a trade up. SO I bought it for now, its pretty nice..thats another post on this forum about my new but used bike..
Doug
https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/497887-my-new-used-bike.html