Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

This weekends rides.

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

This weekends rides.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-10, 01:28 AM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
This weekends rides.

Have a couple planned for this weekend. Today there is a Display on down in Eastbourne- our local seaside resort- that is extreme sports. Lots of teenagers showing off how well they can do things that I can't see the point of but several of them are Bike related so should be worthwhile going to see. Got to go to the LBS in the same town though as I need a few bits. And tomorrow Ross (My Son-in-Law) has arranged with a few of his workmates to do an offroad ride up on the hills.

So checked the MTB and it does need a clean. Plus the spare parts like seat pin and a couple of new tubes as spares as I have run out of them.

But today is going to be a road ride. Out with Boreas as there are not going to be many hills involved. Cleaned it last week after a ride and it is ready to go---Except the rear tyre is flat. So out with the TCR which should be ready to go only to find both tyres are flat.

So the Flat fairy has visited me again and I will be delaying the ride for a while. Especially as it has just started raining. Not just raining- it is chucking it down. Won't last long but the roads will take an hour or so to dry out so looks like I will have enough time to repair the punctures before going out.

Will even have time to sort through the spares box to see what else I am short of. Can think of several things that Need replacing on the bikes like Gear cables. Both Boreas and the TCR have frayed cables on the front derailler but they have been like that for along time. Will get the cables but might not change them for a couple of weeks. With all the sun we are getting- don't want to waste ride time.

Spike Milligan
Old 07-17-10, 01:25 PM
rck

Bikes: cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Stap, All my bikes need cleaning so if you need a bit more to do grab a flight.