Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Denver Fox (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/666527-denver-fox.html)

jbman100 07-28-10 10:41 AM

Denver Fox

Question Sir,
Were you in downtown Denver this morning buying tickets for a show?

If so I was the guy in the grey jacket that sent you to the wrong line. Didn't think to ask you that before you (if it was you) headed back home. Sorry about the mistake (the line) if it was you.

BengeBoy 07-28-10 12:10 PM

If true, this would destroy my own mental image of Denver Fox.

I think of him as an International Man of Mystery, with a posse of people who do mundane daily tasks for him. I always thought he sent "his people" out to do daily chores.

Maybe you saw one of his many body doubles? I understand there are a whole fleet of Denver Fox look alikes, all part of a plan to increase his personal security.

DnvrFox 07-28-10 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by jbman100 (Post 11189572)
Question Sir,
Were you in downtown Denver this morning buying tickets for a show?

If so I was the guy in the grey jacket that sent you to the wrong line. Didn't think to ask you that before you (if it was you) headed back home. Sorry about the mistake (the line) if it was you.

Originally Posted by BengeBoy (Post 11190117)
If true, this would destroy my own mental image of Denver Fox.

I think of him as an International Man of Mystery, with a posse of people who do mundane daily tasks for him. I always thought he sent "his people" out to do daily chores.

Maybe you saw one of his many body doubles? I understand there are a whole fleet of Denver Fox look alikes, all part of a plan to increase his personal security.

My goodness!!

Actually, I don't ride my bicycle any more. I have "my people" do it for me.

My people and I rode to Confluence Park and back yesterday, and today my people and I rode on the trails around Parker.

So, I guess my people and I weren't buying any tickets for a show - by the way, for which show were my people and I not purchasing a ticket?

Is there another Denver Fox out there somewhere? Actually, using the internet, I did find not only another Denver Fox, but another Denver C Fox somewhere in the south. My people and his people corresponded for a bit, but they found each other boring!!

cranky old dude 07-28-10 12:58 PM

If there are two of you, how can we know which you you are?

Oh man....now I'm all mixed up again.

DnvrFox 07-28-10 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by cranky old dude (Post 11190412)

Just be glad my name isn't John Smith!

jbman100 07-28-10 01:53 PM

Obviously it wasn't you or your people or you would know what show you were buying tickets for that I sent you to the wrong line to purchase said tickets to a show that your not attending. I wrongfully assumed after the fact because said gentleman that wasn't you or your people said during our conversation that he had ridden 22. 7 miles from the Parker area. If it had been you then of course you would know that you purchased tickets for the King TUT show for tomorrow at an unknown to me time.

Further please tell me that you rode early in the day because I got out to Cherry Creek Res by 830 and was already roasting and wilting. Only managed 20 miles and had to cal it quits.

DnvrFox 07-28-10 02:03 PM

Interestingly, my people and I and my wife saw the Tut exhibit just last week at DAM.

And, since my people and I had a dental appointment prior to my ride, my people and I actually rode from Cook Park to Confluence Park and back, not all the way from Parker - only about 17 miles, and my people and I took it easy - going only about 15 mph, so we did not get too hot.

cranky old dude 07-28-10 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by DnvrFox (Post 11190521)

Didn't he marry that chick in Jamestown, Poca...something or other?

Oh no not him, it was his biking buddy John Rolphe I think.

jbman100 07-28-10 02:19 PM

Quite right then as you had much more shade in that area of town than I did.

doctor j 07-28-10 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by cranky old dude (Post 11190412)

The one with whom we of BF 50+ are familiar is the spry one.

NOS88 07-28-10 06:29 PM

Man, I'm feeling sooooo left out. I got no people or tickets to anywhere. But I do seem to spend a lot of time in the wrong lines.

jbman100 07-29-10 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by NOS88 (Post 11192325)
Man, I'm feeling sooooo left out. I got no people or tickets to anywhere. But I do seem to spend a lot of time in the wrong lines.

Well you can't blame me for that. I only send you to wrong lines if your wearing bike shorts, a helmet and a camelbak.

Dan Burkhart 07-29-10 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by DnvrFox (Post 11190521)

I once had a boss who's name actually is John Smith. I jokingly asked him once what name he gave when checking into a fleabag motel.

gps_dr 08-05-10 11:38 PM

Is there a date set for opening the new Cherry Cr trail section near Arapahoe?

DnvrFox 08-06-10 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by gps_dr (Post 11241806)
Is there a date set for opening the new Cherry Cr trail section near Arapahoe?

A friend of mine told me she called the County/Jordn-Parker Metro Districs and was told it would be 13 months, as they still had work to do******************************

Louis 08-06-10 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Dan Burkhart (Post 11196841)
I once had a boss who's name actually is John Smith. I jokingly asked him once what name he gave when checking into a fleabag motel.

Ummm...Denver Fox?

DnvrFox 08-06-10 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Louis (Post 11242940)
Ummm...Denver Fox?

Yes, my name has been entered into fleabag motels all across the world. It really wasn't I - please believe that!

Neil_B 08-06-10 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by DnvrFox (Post 11243024)
Yes, my name has been entered into fleabag motels all across the world. It really wasn't I - please believe that!

I have a problem like that. I'm mixed up with the head writer of the Dave Chappelle Show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_Brennan

howsteepisit 08-06-10 08:31 AM

From what I hear via the internet and un-named sources - Denver Fox does not always drink beer, but when he does, he drinks Dos Equis. Or was the the other international man of mystery?